Decorative Christmas basket

Options
I am looking for some advice. I have a rectangular "metal" (gold colored) basket. It is decorated for Christmas with red and green "jewels" and has sparkly glitter all over. I love the basket, but having it sitting around empty is pretty "strange" looking... So, what should I put in it to make it more decorative? I had two ideas...
1. Simply fill it with Christmas candies. (I am ok with this idea, but with 3 little ones, I don't want this season to make them any more excitable than they already are...)
2. Put some of those battery-powered lights in and cover them with the red, see-thru plastic type wrapping stuff...and lay on top of that Christmas decorations...balls, fake candy canes, pine cones, etc, etc...

??? I have a pic of the basket added to my profile, but I am guessing that only my friends can see that... If someone can tell me how to post a pic inside a topic. I will come back and put in a pic...

By the way, I don't want the decoration to overpower the basket. I REALLY like this basket!

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You could do both... a couple large pillar candles (unlit) and fill in around them with pine branches and holly, and toss in a few smaller ornaments. Another option is a tallish wide top clear vase filled with potpouri surrounded with pine/holy, or even fill the vase with smallish ornaments with the pine/holly. I keep saying the pine/holly because they just smell good and look festive. Good creating!
  • pines2palms
    Options
    I like the candle idea! Thanks!