South American Airline Suggestions???

brittlynne3579
brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Morning everyone :smile:

I am trying to find an affordable flight from Atlanta, GA to Mendoza, Argentina. I can't find anything less than $4,000!!! I've looked at Lan Chile and they were the most expensive. I was looking to go in February which is their springtime, so it is not 'peak' season there.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Replies

• jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Use kayak.com and set up a price alert.

You don't have to fly on a South American airline to get to South America...that's probably your #1 issue with the price.
    Also, try and be flexible with your dates...cheapest dates to fly are mid-week usually Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 847 Member
    Hey hon, with my job I spend 75% of my time booking flights for our employees a portion of which is to Brazil. If you can give me the dates that you are looking at, I wouldn't mind taking a quick look for you!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Lan Chile is really just part of American...... I fly to Chile all the time to visit my exchange student family. I can usually get a ticket at about $1000 - 1200.... but I also buy it like 6 - 8 months in advance... that could be part of the reason why prices are so high now :(.
  • brittlynne3579
    Yeah, I was looking to go in Feb. or March, but I'm not opposed to going in the winter, either (our summer). I'll try your suggestions!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Britt,

Would you be so kind and pick up an extra ticket for me....I am going to get my passport now..
  • brittlynne3579
    Britt,

Would you be so kind and pick up an extra ticket for me....I am going to get my passport now..

You going to come and travel international style with me =) Best part is I have a FREE place to stay on a vinyard. Been once and it was breathtaking!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Britt,

You going to come and travel international style with me =) Best part is I have a FREE place to stay on a vinyard. Been once and it was breathtaking!

AAAAAAANNNNNDDDD GO!
This discussion has been closed.