Time for new strong friends

Options
Most of my old friends don't log in any longer. Lame.

I need some lady friends that like to lift weights and be STRONG..not a waif. If you are focused on eating a salad and fitting into your size 2 pants and obsessed with getting that disgusting thigh gap...I don't think we are compatible. Sorry, its not me...it's you.

I want guy friends who are going to support a girl who is strong and wants to be stronger. If you dare say "don't get too jacked" I will throw a barbell at your face. If you think we will be homies, feel free to friend me.

Replies

• MuZeta93
    MuZeta93 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm all for strong women!!! I'm not at the stage where I'm doing weightlifting at the gym but I'm definitely working on increasing my strength doing bodyweight exercises at home (I'm a bit of a newbie). To be honest I'd love to add you as a friend because I aspire to have the strength and confidence to lift at the gym someday - but I'll let you add me if you think we're compatible :flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well, I lift heavy and I squat my body weight but since I wear size 2 jeans, love salad (as well as most other foods including steak and ice cream) and have a "disgusting" thigh gap I guess I don't qualify.

Just as well. I prefer it when women can build other women up rather than insulting them.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of rules.

Out.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Well, I lift heavy and I squat my body weight but since I wear size 2 jeans, love salad (as well as most other foods including steak and ice cream) and have a "disgusting" thigh gap I guess I don't qualify.

Just as well. I prefer it when women can build other women up rather than insulting them.

tumblr_luoxltKH9w1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Thats one way to make friends....

Not.

I'm with Ms Acrylics above.

See ya!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

tumblr_luoxltKH9w1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

IN! To see more woman on woman, building!
    If+You+Know+What+I+Mean_9ca03c_4817708.gif
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Add me!

I just started lifting and found my max's last weekend. I will start the beginning of my lifting today! Woo Woo,, cant wait to get started. Still doing cardio but want to incorporate lifting in too. Not the salad eating, thigh gap wanting kinda gal either!!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

^^This. And Ms. Heavy Acrylics is already my friend who can totally kick my butt and out-lift me any day (some day, self, some day), while still encouraging and supporting me, so I'm good.

OP, hope you all the best in finding friends with similar interests :flowerforyou:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    In for the :
    12funny-pictures221_zpsdc43aacd.gif
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

Well, said, my friend. Very well said indeed. Build up - don't tear down. Nobody's got time for that. Slow clap baby - on her way to doing hanging let raises!!

baby-clapping-o.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Well said.
    I certainly have no intention of having my hipbones re-positioned just so I do not have a thigh gap when I am in shape.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I came into this thread with the intent of adding you, OP, since I know you are into Crossfit. Then I read your OP and nah. Good luck finding new friends though. You do sound like a peach. :flowerforyou:
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options

I need some lady friends that like to lift weights and be STRONG..not a waif. If you are focused on eating a salad and fitting into your size 2 pants and obsessed with getting that disgusting thigh gap...I don't think we are compatible. Sorry, its not me...it's you.

I want guy friends who are going to support a girl who is strong and wants to be stronger. If you dare say "don't get too jacked" I will throw a barbell at your face. If you think we will be homies, feel free to friend me.

Congratulations on being a cancer survivor. There many who dont survive that insidiousness & I commend you for your part in the battle to try and overcome it. Truly.

As to the rest? Your battle doesnt give you the right to judge anyone but yourself. Pick whatever friends you want and the type you want..I get that. But coming on this site and throwing judgements at other people for the choices they make is offensive to me.

Who gave you the right to decide that what's important to other people needed to be belittled? Are they sonehow "shallow" because they dont throw around barbells? Many people have worked their *kitten* off to fit into those size 2's & develop the discipline to eat that salad so they can continue to be healthy. Some of them have overcome things to get there that you couldnt fathom if you tried. If they dont fit your mold of whats acceptable, they are somehow inferior to you?

I am a man who offers as much support to those that I can, under the concept of pay it forward. On a daily basis, I try to support people who are strong on the outside and the inside. EVERY single person here has a bucket of crap to carry, just like you do. The difference is that most of us realize that ****ting on each other is counterproductive & the world already has enough of that.

In case you dont think I've walked anywhere close to in your shoes? Try having to answer your 8 year old son( and your only child) the night before his 2nd open heart surgery, when he asks you if he will die. And you've spent that day signing the consent forms listing the risk factors for that same surgery.

It was easier not to have to answer that question duirng the 1st surgery, but then again he was only 14 days old. From your own experience, you know those can be the coldest, hardest days ever.

If you maybe tried a different perspective, you might get a different result.. Even given all of that, I'd still be happy to cheer your successes on. You are still young and have the world in front of you.....make the most of it,. Feel free to FR if you'd lke....

Fsunami
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Congratulations on being a cancer survivor. There many who dont survive that insidiousness & I commend you for your part in the battle to try and overcome it. Truly.

As to the rest? Your battle doesnt give you the right to judge anyone but yourself. Pick whatever friends you want and the type you want..I get that. But coming on this site and throwing judgements at other people for the choices they make is offensive to me.

Who gave you the right to decide that what's important to other people needed to be belittled? Are they sonehow "shallow" because they dont throw around barbells? Many people have worked their *kitten* off to fit into those size 2's & develop the discipline to eat that salad so they can continue to be healthy. Some of them have overcome things to get there that you couldnt fathom if you tried. If they dont fit your mold of whats acceptable, they are somehow inferior to you?

I am a man who offers as much support to those that I can, under the concept of pay it forward. On a daily basis, I try to support people who are strong on the outside and the inside. EVERY single person here has a bucket of crap to carry, just like you do. The difference is that most of us realize that ****ting on each other is counterproductive & the world already has enough of that.

In case you dont think I've walked anywhere close to in your shoes? Try having to answer your 8 year old son( and your only child) the night before his 2nd open heart surgery, when he asks you if he will die. And you've spent that day signing the consent forms listing the risk factors for that same surgery.

It was easier not to have to answer that question duirng the 1st surgery, but then again he was only 14 days old. From your own experience, you know those can be the coldest, hardest days ever.

If you maybe tried a different perspective, you might get a different result.. Even given all of that, I'd still be happy to cheer your successes on. You are still young and have the world in front of you.....make the most of it,. Feel free to FR if you'd lke....

Fsunami

All the love to you, my friend. :heart:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Fsunami

+10!
  • skaboom163
    skaboom163 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It was a joke. That's my personality. People come in all types of shapes and sizes, I love salad as well but it's not ALL I eat. I also don't starve myself down to be something I'm not. If that's the way you NATURALLY are, then that's great! That's all I was trying to state in this message. I want real people who are strong and proud of themselves. If you are going to get super defensive and negative... I'm all set.
  • skaboom163
    Options
    Hello, I am sorry that I've seemed to offend you. Let me clarify a few things in regards to your post.

First and foremost, that was all meant to be a joke.

I'm not really concerned what people consider "healthy" because everyone is unique and everyone's definition of "fit" "healthy and "attractive' is different. I just posted this "looking for new friends" post because it is what I consider to be healthy and I am looking for people to motivate ME who share the same interests. It was not my intention to put people down. I didn't make negative comments on people's pictures or call anyone in particular out, I just simply posted a topic saying I would like to make some new friends who share the same interests (which happens to be weightlifting and becoming strong)

I stand behind my decision not to associate with negative people and people who insist on eating 500 calories a day and trying to look like someone from a concentration camp..that is not what I perceive as healthy. If you naturally look that way, that is another story..but starving oneself=not ok. Women (and even men) everywhere think that starving themselves to be super skinny is what needs to be done to be considered beautiful. I suffered from an eating disorder when I was young so if I choose not to be around people like that. That's MY prerogative and no one else's.

Like I said, if your goal is to look that way, I support that, that is just not someone who motivates me. I eat lots of salad as well but it's not all I eat. Who doesn't love a good salad?

Everyone has a story. Lots of people have been through things I can't even imagine. I don't use stage 4 cancer to make myself feel entitled to anything. In fact, lots of people I know don't even know I had it. I don't want to be "strong for a girl who had cancer", I want to be strong PERIOD. I don't use it as a crutch or even wonder "why me?". It happened, I kicked *kitten* and survived, and now its in the past.

I didn't come on here for "different results" . I didn't come on here to make lots of friends... I came on here for me. I want to be the best I can be and be motivated by people who share the same interests as me. I am not really one to care what other people think. You either love me or hate me and I'm ok with that because at the end of the day, I stick to my guns and I am 120% the woman I want to be.

Fsunami

+10!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    And now you understand the roadblocks to posting on a forum, where no one knows you, asking for friends. I'm glad this was a joke, but the reality is, when you are speaking to a new crowd (especially trying to use this kind of humor) it's better to err on the side of caution. Written words are all that matters, for no one can understand your intent or tone.

Congratulations on being a survivor. :flowerforyou:
  • skaboom163
    Options
    I didn't mean to insult you. If you naturally have a thigh gap, that's great! I certainly don't... but I also squat double my body weight. I just don't want women to feel like they should "have" to have the gap because beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. If you start squatting double body weight or more you are gonna build your quads and that gap will start to go away. It just happens. My post wasn't intended to bring anyone down.