Not Single and Want to Be

Options
The_Enginerd
The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
This is the appropriate way to notify her, right? I mean, it has been almost 9 years, I should probably do better than to just ignore her calls until she gets the message.

facebook-relationship-status-single250.gif

Replies

• silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Dibs.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Whatever happened to just stop calling? Or my favorite, wait till she's out on a girls night out and call her friend and tell her to tell your wife that you have changed your locks and sent the kids to military school, away from her.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I think this is the classiest way to do it.
  • JT_Taylor99
    Options
    Just stay together!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This is the appropriate way to notify her, right? I mean, it has been almost 9 years, I should probably do better than to just ignore her calls until she gets the message.

facebook-relationship-status-single250.gif
    If it's on Facebook, it's official. I say go for it.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    After nine years I think you should at least send a personal text. I know it's a lot of effort and kind of putting your feelings out there on the table, but we in society must maintain minimal standards of politeness in these awkward life transitions. :tongue:
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    That could work.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Just stay together!

I actually lol'd at that.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    When she leaves town to visit family, send her a picture at 3am with "positive" results for an STD test... tell her to get tested, and never respond to any form of communication ever again.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Yep. Do it. Do it, do it, do it.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    No no no...you're doing it all wrong. You start out slowly by putting "it's complicated."

Things will just snowball from there, I promise.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    You still use Facebook? Shame on you....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No no no...you're doing it all wrong. You start out slowly by putting "it's complicated."

Things will just snowball from there, I promise.
    I thought you were supposed to start by posting every day about how wonderful she is and how much you love her and what a great, perfect, lovery-dovey relationship you have and make everyone sick before the big dump.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    When she leaves town to visit family, send her a picture at 3am with "positive" results for an STD test... tell her to get tested, and never respond to any form of communication ever again.

No. That is a very good way to end up on one of those crime shows that have titles like 'Snapped'. As the victim.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    9 years!... you probably should have a conversation about it..

I just totally took OFF the relationship status totally on FB and he saw it a week later.... still didnt get it.. thought there was a problem with FB....

I have a corporate & personal line: "I think we are growing in more diverse and different/opposite directions. I wouldnt want to stifle your potential and creativity .. so I am offering you this opportunity to grow. Unfortunately, the direction you are growing in is not conducive to our/my work/personal life model or structure. Good luck with All your endeavors and prosperity....
  • The_Enginerd
    Options
    Just stay together!
    LMAO! Well played.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options

Exactly! Just IG some photos and caption with "livin the single life" and make sure you tag her
  • The_Enginerd
    Options
    How else am I going to know when my Grandma sets a new high score in Candy Crush or what the political views are of people I went to High School with but never really talked to or were friends with?
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    How else am I going to know when my Grandma sets a new high score in Candy Crush or what the political views are of people I went to High School with but never really talked to or were friends with?

To grandmas high scores I have no Idea. But Classmates.com can be an alternative....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I thought drunk texting while they were away was the answer?

I see this is probably a better solution though.