D-Bags at the gym

Options
124»

Replies

• BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Tattoos....Check
    Tank top....Check, when its hot (or cold)
    Beanie....Never - Cant find the one I own
    Headphones.....Check
    On my phone....Check, use it to log sets and as a rest timer
    Beard...Goatee? Check

I also hate getting crowded.

I just do my sets, I wipe down my equipment even though NO ONE else does.. Other than that, I don't really worry about what everyone else has going on.

I do hate the guy that fills up his water bottle at the fountain, and then stands there for 3 mints adjusting the top while 3 people stare at the back of his head waiting for water.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    One time when my friend happened to use a machine after him, and sprayed it down to clean it off, the lunk took the spray bottle & sprayed chemicals in my friend's face!!
    THAT got reported to the manager AND I called the police, who pointed out to the jerk that he'd committed a crime & could go to jail. Unfortunately, despite seeing the video evidence they decided not to arrest him. :P
    He's toned it down a _little_ bit since then.
    Yeah that would be a fight.
    I'm actually surprised my friend didn't react very violently & physically. He has more of a temper than I do, less control due to several head injuries (mostly from his time in the Army), is stronger, and used to be Army Airborne, so could probably do more damage than I would (unless I'm armed, which I'm usually not while I'm working out).

If he'd done it to me, at the very least I would have been screaming so everyone in the gym would hear, pour my water bottle in my eyes, hog the drinking fountain to wash my eyes until the ambulance got there, and most definitely pressed charges for the assault.

Well If it was me I would have saw what all my years of gym can do to someone face. He probably saw how weak the guy was and said well me fighting him would not even be a workout which is why I am at the gym.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    I use my phone in between sets to log my workouts. Used to bring a binder and a pen, phones are much more convenient. And honestly when I work out I'm thinking about my form or my next set, not looking at everyone else in the gym talking ****. So that just tells me your work ethic in the gym is garbage and your focus is in the wrong area.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Some people piss in the shower.....
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    "Some people" being everyone that has stepped foot in a shower more than once in their life (counts me out).

As far as d-baggery: RE-RACK YOUR EFFING SHIZ YOU LAZY TW^T! Is really my only whinge regarding other gym members. Oh, and the ones that leave their half empty water glasses strewn everywhere.
  • ecphillips1286
    ecphillips1286 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own version of a D-Bag. There just happens to be a bunch of them running around at my gym in SoCal. I have tats as well and pull out my iPhone for a song change from time to time so I guess I could be classified as a mini douche. I've been laughing at some of the comments...not sure what the "wearing a hat indoors" remark was supposed to be lol. Bottom line is we are all here for a reason and that's to achieve a goal...d-bags or not...keep up the hard work !!!

If a "D-Bag" is someone who wears headphones, has ink, wears muscle shirts or tank tops and uses there phone between sets then you are a judgmental D-bag who does all of this as well. If you need the equipment whe they are on their phone ask to get in. Otherwise do your own sh** and don't worry about what anyone else is doing. If they are rude= d bag. If they don't clean their sh** up=d bag. If they mock you=d-bag. If none of this= you are a d-bag for judging
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Wait...tank tops and covered in tats? Makes me wish there were more latenight dbags at my gym. *pout*
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    I think you'll get a lot more out of your gym interactions if you choose someone to be inspired by, rather than focusing on someone who annoys you. Is there a lady kicking *kitten* at weights and not taking any crap from mansplaining meatheads? AWESOME. Strive for her confidence. Is there a fairly overweight person you see every time you're there, sweating out what you know has to be the hardest 3 miles you've ever experienced on a treadmill? Good on them! Strive for their perseverance. See someone kind of scrawny lifting weights, and you can tell they're pushing their limits to get better? AMAZING, we all know how hard that is.

If you leave the gym feeding your superiority complex by talking about how you're better than someone else there because your shirt isn't cut up, you may grow your muscles, but you'll feel like crap. Don't let it get you down. Find someone to inspire you. I know there are jerks at the gym; there are jerks everywhere you go. Don't focus on it.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes it's just you.:drinker: