Friends

Options
Megan101792
Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
Think Im being unfair to delete friends on mfp if profiles are not filled out or they are never active? I'll readd you as a friend if you fill out information, just a little not a life story or actually be active. How is that being supportive? Or just showing you are on mfp for what it's used for.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i go through my list every once and awhile and delete those who havent logged on in a month or so. i think personal info isnt a must for profiles, different people get different things out of this site, some just use it to log food and add friends to look for new ideas. but you choose your own friends, delete them for whatever reason you please
  • Megan101792
    Options
    i go through my list every once and awhile and delete those who havent logged on in a month or so. i think personal info isnt a must for profiles, different people get different things out of this site, some just use it to log food and add friends to look for new ideas. but you choose your own friends, delete them for whatever reason you please

all im asking your name in profile or not even that, the reason why you want to lose weight. no activity after a week or so, you're gone with me. Mean, I know, but pointless to have people half butting it on here
  • BigT555
    Options

all im asking your name in profile or not even that, the reason why you want to lose weight. no activity after a week or so, you're gone with me. Mean, I know, but pointless to have people half butting it on here
    yea I'm with ya. it only takes a few minutes to write a paragraph or two about yourself. different strokes for different folks though, some people prefer the anonymity of it
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    i tend to leave my inactive friends on here for approximately forever, but it does not matter to me whether or not they are active. i have friends on here so i actually take the time to log daily, not because they interact with me.
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't really have much people on my list to justify a clear out, and I haven't talked to many a lot on it to really care if they booted me. My activity here has bounced back and forth a lot that I don't blame anyone who has deleted me before. Unless there's a friends cap though I don't see a real need to do so, if someone's struggling to keep up with this, they've hit a bad spot or whatever, logging on and finding people have unfriended you can make you wonder why you bothered trying to make friends here in the first place. Like I can't log on when I stay at my bfs, who lives far away, because his pc basically melt down meaning I can go weeks without activity, and I didn't have the app at that point. Seems only fair to at least message them and ask if they're in it or not? You don't even see their activity unless they post it anyway so if they're not I don't think it really matters unless you actually were having good conversations with them regularly to miss them in their absence.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I weed mine out all the time for being inactive or not logging on ever but I also get deleted a lot because they dont like my foul mouth or my dirty jokes. Meh i'm totally ok with that.
  • Megan101792
    Options
    Just tell me then like you aren't going to be on. I do
  • s1lv3rFox
    s1lv3rFox Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weed mine out all the time for being inactive or not logging on ever but I also get deleted a lot because they dont like my foul mouth or my dirty jokes. Meh i'm totally ok with that.

Oooh! I need a foul mouth MFP friend
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

Please don't leave me! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I review my friend list to ensure that its has those I can relate to on there.

I am sure I also get removed from other's list because of , well , because they are mean and just do not like ole men or they cannot handle how truely awesome us older, over weight, balding, out of shape gentlemen really are.

(edited because sometimes us old folks forget what we were trying to say)
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    hey dad i know you have been moved to.the hospital and i am coming as fast as i can right after i inform megan100672, an internet friend who i met on the "would you pose naked for the person below you" thread on mfp
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    My policy on deleting friends

5f4b59f9-d467-4259-9e56-697e6f92b482_zps85b55924.jpg

If only the screen captured the look on their face when they wake up to that one less friend!! I would F-ing love it!!
  • BigT555
    Options

Please don't leave me! :sad: :sad: :sad:
    i think our myfitnessfriendship is moving too fast, we need some time apart. *deletes*
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I tend to not worry about what the people on my FL do or don't do. I've been part of MFP for over 3 years and haven't ever filled out my profile. I don't have the desire to. If you don't want to friend me because I haven't, so be it. Doesn't mean I'm not serious, it means I don't feel like filling it out. To each his/her own. Enjoy your friends who conform to what you think they should do, since those will be the only ones you'll have after you finish dumping all the others.
  • Megan101792
    Options
    hey dad i know you have been moved to.the hospital and i am coming as fast as i can right after i inform megan100672, an internet friend who i met on the "would you pose naked for the person below you" thread on mfp

Haha I said a week or two you get deleted not right away but nice one