Packer fans on MFP?

Options
DWBalboa
DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
Hello folks,
I was just wondering how many Green Bay Packer fans are in the MFP house. Not that I have anything against people that cheer those “other teams”, but if you are a Packer-backer or a cheese head give a shout out! Tell us where y’all hail from, how long have you’ve been a fan of the Green and Gold; what influenced you to become a Packer-backer and your favorite Packer memory.
So I’ll go first, I hail from the great city of Norfolk in the beautiful state of Virginia. I’ve been on the wagon since the mid 70’s, I was too young to really remember how I became a fan but It was possibly because when I was a youngin everyone tried pushing the cowgirls and the redskins on me so I being the bullheaded kid I was went in a different direction. Also Howard Cosell had a show back in the day talking about sports history and I first heard of the Pack on his show and thought that they were just to awesome. Turns out I was right, they are!
I have several “Favorite” moments; one was the Packers-Skins Monday night game that remains the highest scoring Monday night game, but the top two have to be watching the Pack win the 96 game with my wife while she was prego with our first baby. Every time the Pack scored I would put my hand on her stomach and say give me a high five, and my little girl would kick my hand. Second was watching the last Packer super bowl with my family and how much my then 7 year old boy was into it; high fives, chest bumps, hollering and howling; and that was just the wife!
GO PACK GO!!!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    BOOOO. 9ers own them anyway. Nice beating they've given them in the last few years.

But I did live in VA. Fairfax and Manassas. And I hated the Redskins too.:laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Packer fan here ....lived in Menomonee Falls, WI for years...now north of Pittsburgh....
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    BOOOO. 9ers own them anyway. Nice beating they've given them in the last few years.

But I did live in VA. Fairfax and Manassas. And I hated the Redskins too.:laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

The 40-Whiners are done and that skater punk QB is a flash in the pan. Actually, the two teams have met each other 65 times with the Pack leading 34-30-1. I’ll give you the nod that y’all have won the last 4 but prior to that the Pack had y’alls number like 8 times in a row. I’d say the teams are pretty well matched.
    But you can’t be all bad if you don’t like the deadskins.
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    Packer fan here ....lived in Menomonee Falls, WI for years...now north of Pittsburgh....

Nice to meet your acquaintance Lonewolf. I think we’re in for a great season with the three headed beast (Lacy, Starks, and Harris) run game we’ll have; as long as they stay healthy (knocks on wood).
  • DrewInPR
    DrewInPR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Packer fan living in the Houston area.
    When the Oilers left for Tennessee in the mid 1990s, I became a Packer fan because of Favre and their rivalry against Dallas.
    Hate. Dallas.

20 years later, we have a team in Houston again, but I still pull for the Pack. Have even made it to Lambeau for two games.

Go Pack!
  • hummingbrdhrt
    hummingbrdhrt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm a Packer fan and have been since I can remember. I was born in Milwaukee, WI, so I think there is a state and federal regulation stating I must be a Packer fan. :) The name of my Fantasy Football team is "The Packerderms!"

I currently living in the Bay Area of California surrounded by 49er and Raiders fans. I do, however, proudly wear my Packers jersey on game days.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Wisconsin. Been a Packer fan since I was about 10 or so. Even in the down years, I cheered them on...watching faithfully while living in Bear country with a Colts fan...