• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDUq9BBr3bA

Sorry, I love this. :laugh:
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You know it's not permanent and at this point in your life, you don't need it sugarcoated.
    You haven't not lost the weight. The fat is gone - the water weight comes around every so often.
    Drink water, use a heating pad, eat healthy.

It's your period, not PMS. PRE menstrual syndrome does not include bloating.
    It does not happen during your period, but before. Glad we cleared that up.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    This thread title is false. Some men need input too.

mind reader!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • louise41lls
    Options
    I just had a hysterectomy and took care of that problem. Feeling better every day. Still have the ovaries for hormones but not the rest. I had to have this surgery. It was not really elective for me but it has made a difference in the bloating and weight gain department. Unfortunately, this is about the only way, with the exception of natural menopause, that your going to rid yourself of this problem. Plan for it and try not to let it control you or your food choices. You can do it.
  • crjohnston12
    crjohnston12 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    PMS is a *****. But you can combat it. Drink LOTS of fluids to help flush out the bloat. cut WAY back on sodium a week before. And eat lots of fiber. It has helped me with my monthly bloating.

very smart!!!
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options

Ahaha. This may be true. I purposely keep a diary to write in when I have PMS so that I don't bother my boyfriend with craziness.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Ahaha. This may be true. I purposely keep a diary to write in when I have PMS so that I don't bother my boyfriend with craziness.

I give him fair warning in advance and tell him I'm going to be an unreasonable B.

And he knows- and then I invariably have to apologize to him at the end of it because I'm a troll the entire time.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

psst... I think he was talking about sex. :wink:
  • smarieallen85
    Options

psst... I think he was talking about sex. :wink:

Why?
  • jacqueline7599
    jacqueline7599 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Do you have pms and bloat also? Lol
  • jacqueline7599
    jacqueline7599 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have pmdd so I'm a raging lunatic at a week before. I gain so much water weight I can't fit into my normal clothes. That's what is frustrating. I have to find "fat" clothes lol. My face breaks out more now than it did as a teen.
  • ambergems
    Options
    That is what I was going to suggest to her. 3 days afterwards seems like a good amount of time for the body to bounce back to a more normal weight. I would suggest just staying away from the scale if you know you will show a higher weight and you know its just going to frustrate you... I wouldnt take it as a reflection of your weight loss goals just like I personally don't get upset at the size labels on clothes since its all subjective (TOM or company sizing)...
  • smarieallen85
    Options
    I have pmdd so I'm a raging lunatic at a week before. I gain so much water weight I can't fit into my normal clothes. That's what is frustrating. I have to find "fat" clothes lol. My face breaks out more now than it did as a teen.

Aw I'm so crazy a week before too. Sucks. I get so sad and anxious. My friend practices eastern medicine and gave me some chinese herbs that really really helped but I'm horrible about remembering to start them. She also gave me a concoction for bloating.
  • ambergems
    Options
    Oh goodness... the breakouts... I can empathize, I'm 32 and I STILL break out. I'm battling a break out right now as we speak. I know that part has to be hormonal... but its still super frustrating....