Weighing In...

Options
2»

Replies

• shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily after i wake up and gone to the bathroom.

ditto.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    discouragement and failure is as much a part of life as pride and success.

of course you will fail. but you must learn to pick yourself up and try again after every time.

I like this... even if someone is more comfortable with weekly weighing than daily.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily at home, once a week at the gym, and once a month or so I stop in at my doctor's office and use their scale. (She's got the one that is best calibrated.) Since January, I have been between 150 & 155 on my scales, 152-156 @ the gym, and 153 - 157 @ the doc's office. I'm used to the fluctuations and as long as I don't get below 150, I don't worry about it. Over 155 @ home for 7 days in a row would put me back in loss mode for a week or two. Under 150 would bother me because I am a recovered bulimic so continuing followers a bigger danger to me than gaining. Even after 20 years, I know my own tendency to purge by exercise is dangerous.
  • TatianaMacKenzie
    TatianaMacKenzie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Weight in is on Friday mornings, after a visit to the bathroom, with no clothes on, and before a morning cup of coffee. Also take my measurements (6 of them) once per week, same time. Any more than that, I would go crazy.
    Friday seems to be the best day for me as it allows for "events" which often happen on the Friday - Sunday portion of the week and where I give myself some leeway. Means I have 4-6 days to buckle down before the next weigh in!
    I have enough trouble not getting upset if the scale flat lines... body measurements a must for me as there is movement there every week, even if the scale shows nada! Every one is different!
  • possumfox
    Options
    I recently started dieting (again. First time I quit and over a year gained all the weight back) What I do is weigh myself 1-2 times a week, and always first thing in the morning before I've eaten anything. I started last Sunday (the 17th) and weighed myself Thursday to find I'd dropped 3lbs from what my last doctor's check-in weight was. I didn't weigh myself again until today, and found I'd dropped 1 more pound. Doing it every day will definitely be discouraging, but if you do 1-2x a week, you'll be able to really see the weight falling off.
  • dearannna
    dearannna Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    There has been loads of good information and advice in the posts above - although what's most important is to find what works for you and don't be afraid to change things up as you go. For instance, I weighed daily for 5 months and to start with it was great. But then I started to be affected by the natural fluctuations so went to weekly weigh ins. This is working for me now as I need the accountability but I can see myself eventually going to monthly weigh ins.
  • Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing in and measuring right after I wake up and use the rest room, every Mon. I am going to change that to Weds because I usually use my cheat days on Sats or Suns. I think I'd do better and more accurate if I do this mid week instead. This is when my calories seem to be adverage. I had gone three weeks without loosing at all, if I would of weighted in everyday, I'm sure I would if gave up. Otherwise I depend on how my clothes are fitting during the rest of the week.
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips and advice!
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    once a week, i would never weigh in daily
  • LadyKawasaki
    Options
    Once a week..every Monday :)