I can’t be the only one who feels unworthy…can I?

Options
I never thought I would be the person to say this. For the most part I am a pretty positive person, but I think today I am having a down day. I think a part me believes I don’t deserve to be thin, I know this probably doesn’t make much sense and I don’t think I could ever say this to anyone out loud but I think maybe there are a few people on here might understand where I am coming from. I am going to the gym but the hardest thing for me is keeping track of food. I know I am full of blessing, this life is more than I ever imagined I would have, and yet when I look deep inside I think I feel unworthy of it, as if to be thin and have healthy mind set would be just way too much happiness for me. Sorry I honestly am not normally this negative and I usually think I deserve the world…or at least I tell myself that. Thanks for letting me vent, it’s that time of the month for me, so I am a bit extra emotional today.

Replies

• Charlie001
    Options
    Unworthy is knowing you could have done something but didn't. If you want to be worthy, just get out there and get it done. State of mind, child.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    And if you really need a pick me up, go buy some toys and donate them to needy children, no way you can feel bad after that.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're feeling. It's still a constant struggle for me to wake up every morning and say that I deserve the best, and I'm worthy of self-love.
  • qtwells82
    Options
    No you are not the only one who feels this way. I often have the same feeling.
    But we all are worth it!

Sending hugs :flowerforyou:
  • becomingsara
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I think that is why so many of us get so close to goal and then sabotage ourselves. I'm too that point right now :-(
  • KimberSt
    KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain! It's hard to get motivated and positive when you don't have anyone who will cheer you on. I work from home and don't get out much, so I have only my DH to be there for me. I love him so, but it's not enough. I came on this board for support and have gotten "zero".

I hope you feel better by tomorrow. Add me to your friend list and you can talk to me anytime.

Hugs,

Kimber
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I feel that way, but not about being skinny; instead I feel that way about my family.
  • dewoods
    dewoods Posts: 148
    Options
    I never thought I would be the person to say this. For the most part I am a pretty positive person, but I think today I am having a down day. I think a part me believes I don’t deserve to be thin, I know this probably doesn’t make much sense and I don’t think I could ever say this to anyone out loud but I think maybe there are a few people on here might understand where I am coming from. I am going to the gym but the hardest thing for me is keeping track of food. I know I am full of blessing, this life is more than I ever imagined I would have, and yet when I look deep inside I think I feel unworthy of it, as if to be thin and have healthy mind set would be just way too much happiness for me. Sorry I honestly am not normally this negative and I usually think I deserve the world…or at least I tell myself that. Thanks for letting me vent, it’s that time of the month for me, so I am a bit extra emotional today.

Keep your chin up. WE all have those days where we just think is it really worth the effort. Why yes, yes it truly is worth it. I have gone down the road a few times as well. I have found that using this website as well as all the friends have really helped me stay on track. Know that you're not alone, just look how many people are using MFP.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I feel this way too sometimes. Usually just for general happiness or health because of choices or mistakes I've made in the past. When these feeling overwhelm me I try to think that even if I'm feeling like I don't deserve it in the MOMENT my husband and family do deserve, at the very least, a healthy mother and wife. It happens for me too during TOM and talking about it with my husband usually helps. Maybe just to hear somebody else tell you you ARE worth it will help you. Hang in there. We are all here for you.
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You are so right it is all about the state of mind. I know tomorrow once I am over my pity party I will remember that. I actually volunteer for HBH and donate clothes, gifts and food to family's who need help pretty often and I think those are the moments where I realize how good I really do have it and to have more is like asking for too much. I know it's not logical.
  • Dreamgirl97
    Options
    I know how you feel my DH is very supportive but we do live in abroad and sometimes I just wish my sisters were here for the support.
    I totally feel your pain! It's hard to get motivated and positive when you don't have anyone who will cheer you on. I work from home and don't get out much, so I have only my DH to be there for me. I love him so, but it's not enough. I came on this board for support and have gotten "zero".

I hope you feel better by tomorrow. Add me to your friend list and you can talk to me anytime.

Hugs,

Kimber
  • Dreamgirl97
    Options
    I feel this way too sometimes. Usually just for general happiness or health because of choices or mistakes I've made in the past. When these feeling overwhelm me I try to think that even if I'm feeling like I don't deserve it in the MOMENT my husband and family do deserve, at the very least, a healthy mother and wife. It happens for me too during TOM and talking about it with my husband usually helps. Maybe just to hear somebody else tell you you ARE worth it will help you. Hang in there. We are all here for you.

Thank you. I think you just gave me a new way to look at things.
  • WhyNot2010
    Options
    I understand what you mean... I would say i am generally positive too, but I have those days. But hunny trust me everyone deserves to be thin and you are determined (you prove this by joining and working with mfp). Everyone deserves a heathy life style:

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be.
    Now put foundations under them.
    Henry David Thoreau

You have dreams, and you deserve them!
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    Options
    Try to remember that our ovaries and uterus are responsible (at least once a month) for most of our "stinkin' thinkin'"

I've also found that if I start feeling negative or down that working out more helps. One...you don't have time to think if you are running fast enough, lifting enough weight, or pushing that elliptical machine off it's base. The exercise endorphins are a lot stronger than your estrogen flux. I promise.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I don't see your feelings as negative I see them as your mind adjusting to changes in your life. Losing weight isn't just about what we eat and our workouts but it's mental and very emotionally charged. Huge changes are occurring in our behavior patterns and for some there are deeper issues than logging what we eat, but the 'whys' of why we eat when we do and what we do.

I've found journaling to be of great help and I'm also reading a book now that I'm finding to be incredibly helpful!
    "If I'm So Smart Why Can't I Lose Weight" 'Tools to Get it Done'
    By Brooke Castillo -Weight Loss Coach.

The Tools are incredible for helping work through what's keeping us heavy or from keeping the healthy foods in front of us. I have to say this has been the most eye opening book I've read in ages. That's saying a lot as I've read a ton of self help/weight loss/type books.

Though I'm at my goal weight I wish I had seen this book when I started out, but perhaps seeing it now is the right time for me. I highly recommended to anyone. Mine is library copy for now but I plan to purchase a copy to keep to refer back too.

Might be worth checking out, it does discuss why we often feel unworthy of the good things coming our way and how to figure out why...

Wishing you well :drinker:
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You're worthy to US!!!! You're here, you're trying and you are making changes. Bad days happen, just don't dwell and let it escalate. And whatever you do...don't trick yourself into giving up. You CAN do this and you WILL. We are all right here rooting for you and offering any support we can (((HUGS)))
  • turbojanem
    Options
    your mind will follow your body...get to the gym (your daily goal!) and your mind will follow. (i am preaching this to myself too.)

the shorter days, cold temps are making me want to eat carbs and white sugars/flours. and to sleep for days on end. resist the lies from satan, you CAN do this. focus/read and concentrate on your goals and feeding your soul, not your cravings. be kind to yourself. read something that is going to improve your body, mind and soul.

cheering you on!
    Jane