Target weight help?

Options
Hi! I'm kind of new to myfitnesspal, but not so new to the weight loss game. My question: what is a good target weight for a toned woman who is 5'4?

I started at 155lbs, and have since dropped to 137 before plateauing- which is why I'm here, actually. Also, don't ask me how, but I'm still a four in jeans and a two in dresses. So, I think I have an hourglass shape, if that helps at all.

Bonus question: any tips to end the dreadful weight plateau?

Replies

• marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It's kind of hard to decide on an exact target weight. I've changed mine around several times and decided I won't know until I get there. Try to think more about how you look and feel at a certain weight as opposed to "I won't be happy unless I reach X amount of weight".

My first plateau I hit at 162lbs. One day I ate an excessive amount of calories and all the sudden the weight started falling off again.

I've just recently hit one again (constantly at the same weight for 6 weeks). I'm now changing up my calories and routines. Zig-zagging my calories, as well as trying different exercises at different times and using different machines and such. Best of luck!! Keep your body guessing.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! If you're in a size 4, why would you want to lose more weight? Perhaps you're at your target weight and don't know it.
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body "settles" for awhile, but if you keep doing what you're doing it will move on. Make sure that your smaller body isn't on a "maintenance" level of calories - sometimes we forget that when we're smaller we need less just to stay the same. You are now at a healthy weight for your body but you can certainly go lower and still be healthy, it's up to you. Try eating different things and trying new exercises - sometimes our bodies get really good at maintaining when we are doing all the same things. Many people eat the same breakfast and lunch just about every day - seems easier, but if you're doing that, change it up. And doing new exercises challenges new muscles and is "harder" for your body - harder = more calories burned! Good luck!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest you take a few pictures of your body, no head shots. Even better if someone else snaps them when you are unaware because I would guess you're not seeing your body in it's true form.

A 5'4 woman at 137 pounds looks fantastic.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Your goal weight will vary depending on your body fat. I'm currently 5'4, 126, apx 18-20%bf (see pic). I wear a 0/2 depending on the brand of jeans and a s/m in tops. Why not get your bf% tested (legit test, not a scale or the handheld gadget) and go from there?