method to get accurate calories

Options
can someone please help me with how much i should be eating daily

mfp says 1290, not including exercise, which i try to do 4-5 times a week, with about 30 mins cardio on the elliptical and about 30-45 minutes strength and about 10 cool down minutes on the treadmill.

i work retail, standing for 6-8 hours a day 3-4 times a week

when using iifym tdee calculator, it gives me this:

miffin bmr 1615 tdee 1937
harris benedict bmr 1674 tdee 2009

i dont know my bfp, but i am estimating it around 43 percent, from when i used measuring tape. using that estimate i got
bmr 1489 and tdee 1787

i set iifym for no exercise, since i don't have a heavy lifting job, and when im not at the gym for the hour plus, or at work i am not doing anything too strenuous.

my stats are female, 24, 5'5 and i weighed in today at 190, but its been flucuating around 192-194 the last week. i am really confused.

im losing steadily, just not as quickly as i would like to be. my food diary is open incase you want to judge me. i have been pretty bad with staying at mfps recommendation, but i dont think im going over maintence... alot.
thank you all xo

Replies

• Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The Mifflin-St Jeor is generally considered the most accurate, I'd go with that one until you can get an accurate body fat reading with calipers or one of those things that send a mild electric current. Measuring tape isn't very good for body fat percentage because everyone carries fat differently. Going with that you'd be eating 1437 calories a day for 1 pound a week loss. I wouldn't aim for any faster than that cause losing too fast can have adverse affects on your health and skin.
  • skyytlz
    skyytlz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ohhh okies. perf. sooo.. should i be eating under my bmr or between the bmr and tdee.

the sucess that ive had has just been cutting how much i eat. but i fear as a lose, im going to need to change the numbers so i dont go into maintence since im so far off from goal. gaaah... i track it but i usually go over the 1290 that mfp has me set at, and im still losing so im not sure exactly how much i should stay around. i like using a ballpark to eat at, as im not the most organised person to be able to eat an exact number everyday.