5 lb gain from soup (pho)!!!

Options
mhlew
mhlew Posts: 377 Member
I had soup for dinner (pho) it is a Vietnamese kind of soup for anyone unfamiliar that is for the most part pretty nutritious. I drank a lot of the broth and it does have noodles as we'll I know my weight can fluctuate throughout the day 1-3 pounds but I gained 5 pounds since my Saturday morning weigh in!!! I hope it's just from the big bowl of soup and will wear off : /

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There's a hell of a lot of sodium in the broth, you're probably retaining water.
  • mhlew
    Options
    Ya I figured. I will just need to pound a grip of water and get a good workout in tomorrow and I am sure it will wear off
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Pho is wonderful. The sodium in the broth will leave your system easily.
  • mhlew
    Options
    I did not step on the scale this morning (dont plan to until Saturday official weigh day, but already feeling lighter on my feet. It was right after the meal I felt heavy. I am sure from all the broth and noodles, but you are right, should pass quick. Drinking more water today and will have a work out today too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It was right after the meal I felt heavy.

I just.... um. I.,
    <insert Nathon FIllion GIF>

I can't.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I have never had pho. (Is that pronounced po or fo?) But I've passed by several Vietnamese restaurants... what would you recommend OP? Is it just as good as a Chinese soup?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I have never had pho. (Is that pronounced po or fo?) But I've passed by several Vietnamese restaurants... what would you recommend OP? Is it just as good as a Chinese soup?
    My understanding is it sounds something like "fu-uh". Google has a handy link to a youtube pronunciation.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Pho is delicious. My Vietnamese stepmom never drinks the broth, so maybe there is something to that.

Pronounced "fuh"
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have some dental issues so I've been drinking/eating a lot of soup. So far its resulted in a 1 lb weight loss. Try to keep the soup as clear as possible. :-)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Unless the soup has the calorie density of a neutron star, or is the size of a small moon, I'm guessing you didn't just gain 5lbs of fat.

Time to relax dude. Time to relax.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Or it could be that you were dehydrated on Saturday...
  • mhlew
    Options

Pho (pronounced fuh) is delicious. By far one of my favorite foods and defenitly prefer it over any Chinese soup (I love wonton soup too) I would Yelp the best rated Pho place in your area and give it a try. Let me know what you think!
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That made me laugh. Nice!
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Made correctly, Pho is a beef stock broth simmered for hours with beef bone, marrow in. There is more to making it than that, but the broth is what really makes it stand apart.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    3,500 calories = 1lb

17,500 calories = 5lb

Unless you ate almost 20,000 in excess you did not gain 5lbs.
  • christullos
    Options
    Pho is extremely heavy in sodium content. One serving has between 2800 to 3500 mg of sodium. A full days salt limit in one meal. Don't worry the weight is water retention.