Couch to 5k CHALLENGE.. WHO's IN??

Options
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Starting Wednesday December 15th I am doing the Couch to 5k program as listed in the website provided above.

Since they suggest you space the 3 days out my running days will be Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Using Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday to strength train!

I challege YOU to do it with me!

I will blog my results each day I run according to the plan! I plan to discuss how i feel before, during and after the run. I will discuss my eating habits and how I notice they affect my runs.

I'd love for you to join me on this journey. I've run three 5k's in my life. All 3 this past summer. I was able to complete them all under 35 minutes. My goal at the end of this couch to 5k is to run a 5k in 28 minutes. That's a 9 minute mile for 3.1 miles.

My other goal is to make running an enjoyable workout instead of one that I dread! Becuase right now.. I'm definitely part of the "I HATE RUNNING" club!

ARE YOU IN????

Couck to 5k Day 1 TOMORROW!!!!

Replies

• amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I actually have another thread on here too! haha. I started last week... so ill be starting week 2 on wednesday. ive never been able to run really... so what a challenge this is!
  • jlewis1981
    Options
    I am in!
    I found an awesome free pod cast on iTunes that puts this program to music... and it tells you when to run/jog/walk..
    Search Couch to 5k on iTunes and it is the one by Robert Ullrey.
  • amguyberson
    amguyberson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I plan to blog all my results so feel free to chime in where necessary!! :) Good Luck!
  • amguyberson
    Options
    Thanks JLewis!! I'll definitely look into that! Otherwise I'll just jam out to my music!! :)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I am a grad of c25k and I am in the middle of bridge to 10k. I just wanted to wish you luck, I use the app where I can listen to my own music so I am the silly one singing whilst running! I NOW LOVE RUNNING! you have no idea how I so would not have said that before September this year :)
  • amguyberson
    Options
    What is the APp you use while you run?!?! I"d love to use it as well!
    Good luck with your bridge to 10k!

And a HUGE congrats on the 48lbs lost! :)
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago &stopped I am definitely getting back on this. Goal to my first 5K is feb or March 2011.
  • mandyshell
    Options
    I'm starting Week 2 today as soon as I get off work. I'm pumped!! :):bigsmile:
  • dominic272
    Options
    I actually started my training for my first 5K. I used that couch to 5K program as well. Although I did cheat some and ran during my rest times but for cross training I cycle so I figure anything to help with my breathing and endurance. Been at it for a little over 3 weeks now. I am in for this challenge if I can still participate even though I started early. lol
    Oh and the app I use to record my running is called RunKeeper. I love it and have been using it for the entire time I have been training.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I will be looking for that Itunes music app though, cuz otherwise I have to look at the clock constantly!!

I will start week1 day 1 today!

I did this awhile ago and got to week 3... so hopefully I can get passed that.
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm at week 4..day 1
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I really like this idea, even though I am seriously out of shape and have never really liked running in any form I am going to give this a shot. This could be the jumpstart that I need and who knows maybe next summer I can run a 5K. Thanx for the post!!
  • amguyberson
    Options
    I'm excited!! No matter if you've been at it for weeks or are just starting with me GOOD LUCK!! :) I'm excited to see how everyone will progress!

Thanks for the info regarding the running app!
  • mandyshell
    Options
    That podcast that Robert does is soooo helpful! The music on it is great and he's very encouraging. I signed up for a 7K that's in March, so, here's to us all!! :)
  • amguyberson
    Options
    Good Luck and your before and after pics are amazing.. You look FABULOUS!!! :) Keep it up!!
    Let me know how you do with wk 4. I'd like to know what my body is in for! haha
  • ctraill
    ctraill Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started this during the summer and gave up on Week 4 but I would love to do this again. It's so much easier to motivate myself to work out when I have a goal. And honestly, I don't believe I could EVER run 5k so if I can actually accomplish this, I will be astonished!
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    Options
    I just restarted the C25K program this morning. When I tried it a few months ago, I was using the Robert Ullrey podcasts but I hate his chosen music. I mean hate. I found a new app for the iPhone called Get Running. It can run while iTunes is running and just gives you verbal prompts and encouragement. I find running to my own mix of music to be a lot more motivating.
    Good luck to all who are starting!!
  • jconner491
    Options
    I'm in too. I just blogged about it this morning and now here is this thread! I actually just ran a half marathon in October, but I would like to do C25k to work on my pace and just burn calories in general. http://iamabeginnerrunner.blogspot.com
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am of the mind that it will be a miracle if I can actually accomplish this, but I'm going to give it a shot. Good luck all
  • kaymiller2
    Options
    I am of the mind that it will be a miracle if I can actually accomplish this, but I'm going to give it a shot. Good luck all
    here, too! But hey. Always a first time, right??!! Heres to us miracle-workers! :wink: