Feeling Sick after work outs

barbosa22
barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
What do u do? Or how do u handle feeling sick after a work out. Like dizziness and feelings of vomiting. What can be done prior to a work out to counter this?

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    depending on how hard the workout was, you might have overdone it. My guess is to just sit down and relax and hope it goes away. When I first started walking I would get very, very dizzy if I walked too hard.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    You need to see a doctor and get a stress test. Seriously. (I'm a doctor.)
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Usually when this happens to me, it means I've pushed myself too hard, too fast.

Take more breaks during your workout. Pace yourself! Drink plenty of water before, during and after your workout as well.
  • barbosa22
    I was almost passing out. I am constantly drinking water all day and took sips during.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    What the doctor said. It is not normal to feel that way after working out, especially all the time. For me, if I don't have any or enough fuel in my body prior to a workout I get kind of light headed and feel weak.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Take a look at your calorie intake. If you have dropped your calories too low, your body might be starved for fuel. I had to adjust my rate of weight loss back after I lost 30 lbs because I was dizzy and blacking out during workouts. By eating a few hundred more calories a day, my problems were solved and I have my energy again. If you have been at this a while and are still set at the maximum rate of loss, cut it back by 0.5 pounds a week and see if that helps.

Oh and talk to your doctor too.....might be something underlying that needs to be addressed!

Edited to add:

I just looked at your diary....you need to eat more! 1350 calories as a target for a day for a man is too low. From everything I have read here and on other sites, women shouldn't go below 1200 and men below 1500 calories a day.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    What sort of workout are you doing? If you are dizzy, you should schedule a trip to the Dr.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Agree with everyone here...See a doc...Also maybe lighten the workout for a few days and see if that makes a difference and make sure you are eating enough and drinking enough water
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Recovery snack, stat. Balanced treat of protein, fat, and carbs. I'm diabetic and can "bonk" if I push too hard, so I always keep a protein bar on me at the gym.
  • barbosa22
    Well I started the P90X. I did the chest and shoulders one, Then the ab ripper. I felt fine after the chest and shoulders workout but after the ab ripper, it just hit me. I did this before dinner. I am thinking that I didn't eat enough or somthing before
  • barbosa22
    While still feeling sick. I forced down some oatmeal. about 15 mins later felt a little better. Then about an hour later ate subway then felt fine. So I dont know.
  • You have to make sure you eat enough calories with p90x, it is a very intense program if you do not eat enough more than likely you are going to feel the way you did.
    This happened to me once I did not eat enough calories worked out at night and the next day I was feeling shaky and dizzie ate a protein bar and felt much better.
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Definitely need to eat more. I tihnk I have low blood sugar issues when I work out so at the advice of my fellow MFP's I started drinking a small galss of orange juice or small snack before a workout. It made a world of diference to me.

Good luck!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    Well I started the P90X. I did the chest and shoulders one, Then the ab ripper. I felt fine after the chest and shoulders workout but after the ab ripper, it just hit me. I did this before dinner. I am thinking that I didn't eat enough or somthing before
    ]

Do you drink a protein shake pre-workout? If not you should add it in between 30 minutes and an hour before working out. Your body needs fuel for a workout, especially an intense one like your P90x
This discussion has been closed.