It's Time To Say Hello!...I Need to Recharge My Batteries

Options
I have been on here for over a year now and have just quietly watched from a distance while I completed my food diaries and such. Feel I am finally ready to take the plunge and introduce myself because, honestly, I feel I need to be in touch with more people that can relate to my day-to-day weight challenges. I started my weight loss adventure November 1, 2008, and to date have lost 131 lbs. As anyone that has ever struggled with weight loss, you know, I have had good days and bad days, but I always try to remind myself on the bad days that it is just one day and it does not erase the 131 lbs that worked so hard to lose. My struggle lately is that I am 17 lbs. from my own personal goal. I have been here for at least 2-3 months. I lose 5 lbs, gain 5 lbs, lose 5, gain 5...and so on. I am working harder than ever to reach a new plateau and get forever off the one that seem to be stuck at! It is so frustrating. For a while I was telling myself that "it is okay to just stay here for a while...you have worked so hard to get here...just take a break, you have the rest of your life to reach your weight loss goal...blah...blah...blah." That is a bunch of hooey! I know what I need to do...I know how to do it...it is just this continuous mental battle. I knew going into this that this was a lifestyle change, NOT A DIET. I had done the diet thing time and time again. I knew that this time had to be different...and it is. But, where my head is right now, I may as well be over 300 lbs again because mentally, this plateau is kicking my butt! So my question is...any suggestions to jump start my diet? I work out almost every day, I dring nothing but water (and I mean NOTHING BUT WATER...and a LOT of it), I eat healthy (watching every calorie)...but something's gotta give. How can I give my lifestyle change a kick in the seat to get it moving again? Any help would be greatly appreaiated. Thanks!

Replies

• tbarham2005
    Options
    congrats on the weight lose!! That is awesome! I lost 102 lbs..but sad to say I have gained 20 back....so I am looking for new avenues also and looking fofr support. Keep strong and if u need a support buddy I am here andwould love the support also.
    Have a great day!

Tina
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    You dont have your food diary public so I cant tell what you are eating. But sometimes doing something different will shock your body and get off the plateau. I would try doing some different form of exercise and try exercising longer. What types of exercise are you currently doing? and for how long? I hope this helps. Hang in there and CONGRATS on your weightloss. WOW that is amazing......