PiYo

Options
Success stories with PiYo?

I have been doing it for about 3 weeks now, just 20-30 minutes a day (plus weight training, squats, etc.) and I am seeing amazing results. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same success.

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    So you're doing additional workouts along with PiYo?
  • nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So you're doing additional workouts along with PiYo?

Yeah
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Ah ok. I was wondering on the success rate on someone doing PiYo program alone. I was interested in the program but I figured I'd prob end up doing a hybrid similar to you ...incorporate strength training and HIIT workouts too.

Thanks for the feedback and good luck :)
  • trmrgb
    trmrgb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing PIYO as i had a knee injury and this was the only type of exercise I could do. I don't have scale results but I recent was given the ok to go back to running and I don't feel like I have lost a thing! I maintained my strength and improved my flexibility. I am now doing a hybrid of PIYO and running, I have a 10K in 2 weeks. I love it and will always keep it incorporated into my work out routine! But I don't think you will see massive weight loss with just this! Unless you are spot on with your food! Which I am NOT! Haha. Good luck to you! I hope you continue to see awesome results!
  • TurboLindsay
    Options
    I'm also on week three and loving it! I feel so much stronger...especially in my core and my arms!

I haven't measured any results yet because I'm a little afraid. I feel like I'm gaining muscle which could give me a negative effect on the scale - which is BS because we all know muscle is heavier than fat so it in no way means I'm not progressing. I'm definitely feeling tighter and stronger so for now, I'm using that as my results and therefore say, yes! I'm seeing results.

I sit in an office all day and was suffering from some back/core problems - they are feeling better already! I am also not naturally flexible, but can now touch my toes! I am only in week three and can now do some (not all) of the tricep pushups off of my knees!

I am a cardio junkie so I am missing that aspect of the workout - the music, the speed, the real go-hard! But the muscle burn and the sweat I produce doing PiYo remind me that I'm still working hard and burning calories.

It's a different kind of discipline but certainly an important addition to almost anyone's workout regime! :) Definitely worth a try!
  • trinibabe069
    trinibabe069 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm started it and I'm on week 2.. I'm also doing it with JM Killer Abs, and going to the gym for about 1 hr each day... I just started the PiYo a week ago so I'm going to do measurements when I finish the first mths.. I can'wait to see the results. I need to lose this baby weight...
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just finished Piyo and lost 8.2 lbs and 14" total since starting the program on July 7th. I did nothing else but Piyo. I will be starting the Piyo Strength program on Monday and I will be incorporating some Turbo Fire HIIT workouts and a couple of Body Beast workouts in addition to Piyo. Piyo is just what I needed after an injury last spring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!