Dr Oz's 12 healthy Days of Christmas

WildFlower7
WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I was just eating lunch and watching Dr. Oz as usual and they had a couple of things I thought were interesting that I thought I'd share in case you all don't catch the episode. I was amused!! Such a cute episode!

As most of you do I always wonder what things that I do that are out of the ordinary (as in not in my daily/weekly routine) like for instance decorating and such for the holidays here are a few things he shared today that I didn't know and you may not know either...

When:
Wrapping Christmas Presents you burn-51cal
When writting out your Christmas cards you burn-61cal
AND:
When you decorate your Christmas tree you burn-81cal

I'm still curious to know how many you burn when hanging lights on your house :laugh:

Replies

• How long do we spend wrapping, writing, and decorating? Is this hourly or per present/card? Does it take into account how many calories would be burned sitting on the couch watching a Christmas special? What about a table-top tree versus an 8footer? lol
    It is a fun thought ~
  • Very Good to know, thanks for the info. Knew all that extra stuff would pay off some how. :wink:
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    How long do we spend wrapping, writing, and decorating? Is this hourly or per present/card? Does it take into account how many calories would be burned sitting on the couch watching a Christmas special? What about a table-top tree versus an 8footer? lol
    It is a fun thought ~

No I wondered the same thing I have 5 kids so wrapping presents I'm sure I burn waaaaay more then that considering it takes me about 5-6hrs to do it...like you said just a rough estimate based on the average...whatever that may be, lol!
This discussion has been closed.