7lbs in 7 days STARTS TODAY!

Options
Hey all
embarking on a 7 day juice fast today, ive done it before and felt great!

Have another 6 kg to get to my ideal weight, hope I lose a couple this week!
Anyone else tried this????

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    No, I'm rather fond of things like not passing out.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Nope, so when you are done with your 7 days and go back to eating food and the weight comes back what do you do??

I'll stick with losing in a safe, healthy way that involves bacon and ice cream .. have fun
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Very low calorie diet, with virtually no nutrients (especially fats/proteins). Most weight lost is not fat, but rather water weight. Honestly, the good feeling you got was probably more mental than anything. Honestly, I don't see a benefit.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    According to your stats you only have 6kilos to lose, I don't see this turning out well at all, that much weight in a week will be mostly water weight which will return when you resume eating.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Please don't.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Hey all
    embarking on a 7 day juice fast today, ive done it before and felt great!

Have another 6 kg to get to my ideal weight, hope I lose a couple this week!
    Anyone else tried this????
    9Apegr8.gif

Let me guess you felt great when you finally ate something because I know when I am famished eating feels awesome, or were you like in some sort of delirious state of insanity not unlike sleep deprivation, an altered state as it were.

Please OP beyond religious or spiritual reasons there is absolutely no reason to do this, especially for weight loss beyond impatience on your behalf. Once your recommence eating the weight will just come back on and than probably some more from binging.

Be sensible and create a realistic deficit for yourself and a sustainable and healthy eating plan.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Have fun. See you in a couple of weeks when you've put it all back on
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ya ' all this person is young!!! But like me at that age will learn the hard way if not able to take good, free advice from experienced people.
    What I see now looking back is that this is the start of a YO-YO dieting journey with the end results being heavier. When I started I was at 135. lbs thinking my weight was way out of hand, ending at 263.lbs . I wish I had people like you to gently guide me in the right direction but I didn't have computers or access to boards like this to learn from others at that thime.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    OP, will you do this diet again once all of the water weight you lose comes back? I'm just curious.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    food-photo1_zps84c42f74.jpg

I like real food!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That is a 3500 calorie deficient a day. I think the juice may be too high of calories....best off with just water while you run on the treadmill all day. Also make sure to get your exercise burn for the week done in 2 days because after that you may not be able to move/walk much. Good Luck :drinker:

*disclaimer..... The above is said with sarcasm and for me I am not nuts so .....nope :noway: ......not for me. (Well not ↑↑THAT↑↑ nuts)

Also if anyone seeing this is crazy enough, it will be 90% water weight loss......meaning it will come right back. I lose 2-4lbs every night while I sleep.....my sleep diet is enjoyable and relaxing, except that damn water weight keeps coming back :grumble:
  • meta71
    meta71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    All good advice. I hope you will listen.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone want to do this to themselves?

You'll be losing water mostly.

Then when you return to 'normal' eating don't be surprised when that water weight returns.

Be patient and track your calories sticking to your allowance and the weight will come off and stay off.

We didn't gain the weight in one week and we certainly can't lose it in a week.
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am starting a 7day juice fast but not to lose weight, I am doing this under the advise of a doctor, as I have severe IBS and everything I eat at the moment makes me bloat and feel sick, so he has advised 7 day juice to eliminate the bloating followed by a gluten free diet.

I wouldn`t recommend a juice diet just to lose weight.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I would love to juice to go along with my regular calorie counting eating but I don't have a juicer.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I like my bowels just how they are

dumb-and-dumber.jpg
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    food-photo1_zps84c42f74.jpg

I like real food!
    You eat cheese graters, chopping boards and glass? You are tough!
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    I like my bowels just how they are

dumb-and-dumber.jpg
    LMFAO!!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a terrible idea. Lose some water weight only to gain it back a week later.