BEST SALAD EVER...in my opinion.

joleanrook
joleanrook Posts: 117
edited September 22 in Recipes
WARNING! This will make one big ol' salad, and your mouth wont know what hit it! I recommend splitting this bad boy between two people. Picture and Nutritional info at bottom of post!

SALAD BASE
Romaine mixed lettuce with cabbage and carrots
Crumbled goat cheese
Pitted calamata olives

CHICKEN SAUTE
sesame seeds
1 chicken breast
basalmic vinegar
Purple onion

GUACAMOLE
Purple onion
Haas Avocado
Coarse sea salt
Real lemon juice
Real lime juice
diced tomato

DRESSING
Basalmic vinegar
Real lemon juice
Fresh ground pepper

DECONSTRUCTED:
2 cups of bagged mixed salad, 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese, 4 pitted calamata olives sliced, 1/2 Tbsp of sesame seeds, 1 boneless skinless chicken breast diced or cubed, 3 Tbsp. of basalmic vinegar, 1/4 of a purple onion sided into thin strips (then take 1/2 of that and dice it for the guacamole), 1 Haas Avocado pitted scooped out and smashed, 1/4 cup of diced tomato, 1/4 tsp. of course sea salt, 1.5 Tbsp. of real lemon juice, .5 Tbsp of real lime juice, a pinch of fresh ground black pepper.

1. On the stove top begin to saute your cubed chicken, purple onion slivers (not the diced portion), sesame seeds, and half or 2 Tbsp of your basalmic vinegar.

2. Put 2 full cups of salad mix in whatever bowl you wish to serve/eat from.

3. Begin Guacamole by smashing together with a fork your Haas avocado, diced purple onion, 1/4 of diced tomato, course sea salt, .5 Tbsp of your real lemon juice, and all .5 Tbsp of your real lime juice. Set aside.

4. Finish chicken off on stove and then top your salad with it, the onion and chicken should finish at the same time.

5. Put a good scoop of guacamole on top of that, 1/2 of what you've just made.

6. Sprinkle your goat cheese on top and put on your sliced olives.

7. Finish the salad by drizzling your remaining Tbsp of basaltic vinegar and your remaining Tbsp of real lemon juice on top. Top with fresh ground pepper and serve!

(If you're making this salad for a non-dieter it can be garnished beautifully with Tostitos blue corn chips, just poke a few on top of the guacamole in the center!)

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: (Remember, it makes 2 servings).
Screenshot2010-12-14at31655PM.png

This picture doesn't do the salad justice, this is a HUGE bowl and I took the pic with a camera phone so - eh.
IMG_2243.jpg

Incase you're wondering that's sparkling grapefruit juice, a fantastic palate cleanser and reduces water retention.

ENJOY!

Replies

• Not sure why pics aren't working, help?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I tired to fix them with making the IMG to img but I got the picture has been moved error.
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    wow that gaucamole salad is right up my alley... thank you for this post :)
  • I tired to fix them with making the IMG to img but I got the picture has been moved error.

I wonder why!? I just posted them and they show up on photobucket.... it's a public folder, I don't know what's wrong :(
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    WARNING! This will make one big ol' salad, and your mouth wont know what hit it! I recommend splitting this bad boy between two people. Picture and Nutritional info at bottom of post!

SALAD BASE
    Romaine mixed lettuce with cabbage and carrots
    Crumbled goat cheese
    Pitted calamata olives

CHICKEN SAUTE
    sesame seeds
    1 chicken breast
    basalmic vinegar
    Purple onion

GUACAMOLE
    Purple onion
    Haas Avocado
    Coarse sea salt
    Real lemon juice
    Real lime juice
    diced tomato

DRESSING
    Basalmic vinegar
    Real lemon juice
    Fresh ground pepper

DECONSTRUCTED:
    2 cups of bagged mixed salad, 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese, 4 pitted calamata olives sliced, 1/2 Tbsp of sesame seeds, 1 boneless skinless chicken breast diced or cubed, 3 Tbsp. of basalmic vinegar, 1/4 of a purple onion sided into thin strips (then take 1/2 of that and dice it for the guacamole), 1 Haas Avocado pitted scooped out and smashed, 1/4 cup of diced tomato, 1/4 tsp. of course sea salt, 1.5 Tbsp. of real lemon juice, .5 Tbsp of real lime juice, a pinch of fresh ground black pepper.

1. On the stove top begin to saute your cubed chicken, purple onion slivers (not the diced portion), sesame seeds, and half or 2 Tbsp of your basalmic vinegar.

2. Put 2 full cups of salad mix in whatever bowl you wish to serve/eat from.

3. Begin Guacamole by smashing together with a fork your Haas avocado, diced purple onion, 1/4 of diced tomato, course sea salt, .5 Tbsp of your real lemon juice, and all .5 Tbsp of your real lime juice. Set aside.

4. Finish chicken off on stove and then top your salad with it, the onion and chicken should finish at the same time.

5. Put a good scoop of guacamole on top of that, 1/2 of what you've just made.

6. Sprinkle your goat cheese on top and put on your sliced olives.

7. Finish the salad by drizzling your remaining Tbsp of basaltic vinegar and your remaining Tbsp of real lemon juice on top. Top with fresh ground pepper and serve!

(If you're making this salad for a non-dieter it can be garnished beautifully with Tostitos blue corn chips, just poke a few on top of the guacamole in the center!)

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: (Remember, it makes 2 servings).

This picture doesn't do the salad justice, this is a HUGE bowl and I took the pic with a camera phone so - eh.
    IMG_2243.jpg

Incase you're wondering that's sparkling grapefruit juice, a fantastic palate cleanser and reduces water retention.

ENJOY!

guess they aren't working.
  • enygmatic1
    enygmatic1 Posts: 44 Member
    That sounds so good! What's the calorie breakdown do you know?
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    This will be made as soon as I go grocery shopping - YUMMY!!

I just copied and pasted the link for the pics - it looked as good as it sounded - thanks!
  • Here is a link to view the nutritional info and picture of the salad, sorry I couldn't get the images to work!

http://s617.photobucket.com/albums/tt256/On3Media/My Weight-loss journey/

copy and paste it, sorry :(

Per serving there is less than 250 calories.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member

Sorry I couldn't get it to work either, but it does sound scrumptious!
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Thank you for sharing!!! It sounds amazing! =)
  • You're welcome!
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Sounds awesome, though to turn it vegitarian friendly I'd use Gardein Chik'n Strips or Chik'n Scalopini and season it that way. Num!

http://www.gardein.com/products.php?t=fresh&p=13
This discussion has been closed.