Starvation Mode

Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
I ate about 1400 calories yesterday and today I was up 3 pounds.... Is my body already in starvation mode? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Should I eat more today?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    too late, you're already dead
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member

↑↑This

How the hell did you type this any how?
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    1400 isn't starvation mode. 3lbs up from the day before? If so I suggest you don't weigh in daily. Weigh doesn't always show progress. Measurements are more accurate.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I'd go to Chipotle. Rumor has it they don't scoop 100% per their website's nutritional guidance.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member

We will mourn your loss. It was a good effort!
  • ItsKacky
    ItsKacky Posts: 10 Member
    I'm only allotted 1200 calories a day..any extra I have to "earn" with activity. I always feel starving!!!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member

i-see-dead-people-you-must-be-new-here.jpg
  • Jacwhite22
    I'm only allotted 1200 calories a day..any extra I have to "earn" with activity. I always feel starving!!!

Do you ever feel like a mouse in a maze......just trying to get some cheese?
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Quick - drink a diet soda and count it as water. This will jump-start your metabolism.

I found this picture on the internet so it has to be true.
    Fat-Loss-Jumpstart-Book-Banner-Smaller.gif
  • Jacwhite22
    Quick - drink a diet soda and count it as water. This will jump-start your metabolism.

Why would you not count a diet soda as water?
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member

Why would you not count a diet soda as water?
    cause chemicals n stuff
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member

IsayNO.jpg
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Nope. I'm afraid it's too late for you.

panic-300x263.png
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    OP, your weight is likely up due to water retention. Weight fluctuates greatly, and it's normal. There's no reason to get upset over this, it happens to everyone.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member

who has cheese? i want some.... do you have some? will you share?
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    OP, your weight is likely up due to water retention. Weight fluctuates greatly, and it's normal. There's no reason to get upset over this, it happens to everyone.

giphy.gif
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    I ate about 1400 calories yesterday and today I was up 3 pounds.... Is my body already in starvation mode? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Should I eat more today?

There is no such thing as 'starvation mode'!! Stop obsessing, eat healthy foods and STOP WEIGHING DAILY.
  • Jacwhite22

There is no such thing as 'starvation mode'!! Stop obsessing, eat healthy foods and STOP WEIGHING DAILY.

What are "healthy" foods?