Bored Housewife seeks buddies?

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Kelsi (the K in K&G Ranch). I'm 24 and live in Texas. I raise or grow my own food, and I have chickens, ducks, rabbits, and goats as well as cats and dogs.

My husband went back to work after a long layoff this morning and it looks like I'm in for a long day! I've already fed the animals, scrubbed water tanks, got started on a few loaves of bread, walked my dogs, and cleaned my kitchen. So....for the next hour while I wait on laundry and rising bread....I have nothing much to do.

This afternoon I have someone coming to get eggs and chicks.

But in the meantime I realize I've had a lot of company these past few months and now I find myself without much human interaction!

So I have my workouts scheduled (I'm going to get back into powerlifting) and id like some new buddies to chat with from time to time :)

Replies

• tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You're living my dream life.
  • NastyNinja
    NastyNinja Posts: 120
    Options
    Never hurts to have some human interaction once in a while. I think we would all go crazy without it. I used to do a lot of power lifting, so I repsect that! I just wish I had this diet while I was lifing, I might actually be in shape!
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You're living my dream life.
    you dream of getting goat cud spit up in your hair before you've had coffee?

Takes all kinds I guess ;)

(In the goats defense, I guess I COULD have poured the feed out faster...)
  • LanceDuvall
    LanceDuvall Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kelsi (the K in K&G Ranch). I'm 24 and live in Texas. I raise or grow my own food, and I have chickens, ducks, rabbits, and goats as well as cats and dogs.

My husband went back to work after a long layoff this morning and it looks like I'm in for a long day! I've already fed the animals, scrubbed water tanks, got started on a few loaves of bread, walked my dogs, and cleaned my kitchen. So....for the next hour while I wait on laundry and rising bread....I have nothing much to do.

At a loss....you need to work out?????? It's only 0800 and you have done a full days work.....lol
  • KandGRanch
    Options
    Never hurts to have some human interaction once in a while. I think we would all go crazy without it. I used to do a lot of power lifting, so I repsect that! I just wish I had this diet while I was lifing, I might actually be in shape!
    My husband was home from september-march and then june-today so I'm suddenly realizing the cats aren't good conversationalists (one is snarky, another is ADHD and keeps wandering off....*sigh*)

I was ALMOST at a 305lb dead lift when I quit to start The Adventure Into Self-Sufficiency (or...Why Did We Think 150 Chickens Was a Good Idea?)
  • KandGRanch
    Options

At a loss....you need to work out?????? It's only 0800 and you have done a full days work.....lol

Truthfully, its just a lot of walking :) to the feed shed, to the rabbits, feed shed, goats, feed shed....well you get it.
  • LanceDuvall
    LanceDuvall Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Because you like eggs?
  • NastyNinja
    NastyNinja Posts: 120
    Options
    My husband was home from september-march and then june-today so I'm suddenly realizing the cats aren't good conversationalists (one is snarky, another is ADHD and keeps wandering off....*sigh*)

I was ALMOST at a 305lb dead lift when I quit to start The Adventure Into Self-Sufficiency (or...Why Did We Think 150 Chickens Was a Good Idea?)

Hey that is awesome! At my peak, with a slight slipped disk, I could pull 610 quarter dead lifts. Full dead lift, I was at 425. I didn't do those as much because of tweaking my back in football years ago. I still try to do powerful movements but with limited wear and tear lol.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Wow! I feel like an underachiever after reading this and comparing your morning to mine. On the other hand, definitely know what you mean about human, and specifically adult, interaction. I've done brief stints with the "house husband" thing a couple of times. No thanks! I like going to the office every day. But I suppose it helps that I have a job I love.

Welcome back, good luck with the return to fitness, and be sure the chickens don't get lonely. :-)
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Do you have any pics of baby goats?
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Read the title. Planned on coming in here making a joke about how I already responded to this ad on Craigslist. Saw goat profile pic. You win.

KQvOMiU.gif
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I love goats.
  • Strange_magic
    Options
    Please?
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You're making me tired. More tired. I thought I was tired until I read your post. Now I'm tired by proxy.
  • KandGRanch
    Options

Hey that is awesome! At my peak, with a slight slipped disk, I could pull 610 quarter dead lifts. Full dead lift, I was at 425. I didn't do those as much because of tweaking my back in football years ago. I still try to do powerful movements but with limited wear and tear lol.
    WOW. I don't think I own that much weight! I originally stopped due to a muscle tear, but then hubby lost his job and (I love him dearly buuuut) I'm the only one who knows the ins and outs of livestock care so I was suddenly under the gun to make ends meet. I learned to tan pelts and we started fur trapping, which led to me learning how to raw feed my dogs so we weren't wasting whatever animal we trapped, which led to my hubby realizing there's money in homesteading when done right....and the next thing I know I'm hatching 120 chicks at a time and pricing milk goats.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I live in Texas, too. Can I have some bread?
  • KandGRanch
    Options
    Please?
    we unfortunately laid both my babies to rest recently to White Muscle Disease, but I may have pics of both Gyda and little Debbie in my profile.
  • Strange_magic
    Options
    Please?
    we unfortunately laid both my babies to rest recently to White Muscle Disease, but I may have pics of both Gyda and little Debbie in my profile.

Oh that's very sad. Sorry to hear it.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Please?

Oh that's very sad. Sorry to hear it.

Awwww... That's so sad. ♥
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting that some people are married by 24 or younger! Anyway, sounds lovely.