Should I eat the same deficit on rest days?

Options
I know there's a difference between MFP and TDEE methods of eating up to your calories. MFP- eat exercise calories back TDEE- don't eat them back. My question is for the days during the 'Afterburn phase' when your body has to burn more than normal to recover muscles, should you be eating at the same deficit? Would it be enough nutrition and calories to properly heal? I am eating through the TDEE method, so I would suppose I continuously eat at this goal, though I wonder through MFP method if that would put you too much under? Much food for thought.

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I eat through the TDEE method as well and yes you should be eating at the same calorie level on your rest days as usual. Like you said your body is going to need those calories for recovery and in some cases, like weight lifting, you can burn extra calories for up to 72 hours.
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That was something I honestly had no idea about as I've heard people say to eat more, and others to say continue with the same deficit. That does help me though, since I've been trying to educate myself about this resting day period and what foods help speed up recovery. =D