NSV keeps me motivated and makes me sad

cmbauer99
cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
So I am out shopping for new Tshirts and I grabbed a Large off the shelf and thought there is no way in holy hell this is gonna fit.

I tried the sum***** on and it fit perfect so I ended up buying a few shirts. Now looking at my Tshirt collection, I realize all the XXL are way to big like parachutes!

I am dreading donating them all. How do you replace all those Tshirts you have collected over the years all the memories etc etc.

Cant just run to the store and buy 50 tshirts that mean nothing!

haha maybe I have a tshirt issue

Replies

• lilianhill
    lilianhill Posts: 20 Member
    You could take your favorite T-shirts and have a quilt made out of them. That way you can still keep the ones you treasure and make room in your closet for clothes that fit. Such a good feeling.
  • You can make new memories in your new size shirts!!!! :) Congrats and good luck to you!!!
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Altering t-shirts is super easy! Literally just mark and stitch however much you need from the outer seam, from the hem of the sleeve down to the bottom hem.
  • cmbauer99
    So far two people have suggested some sort of sewing adventure that I am not sure I could undertake. The last time I sewed something I was in 8th grade home ed class and begged my partner, who by the way was smoking hot, to sew my pillow together.

Wonder what she is up to now days! hmmmm
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    I am kind of having the same issue. I am still wearing my big clothes because I'm having trouble letting go. I have such great memories in these clothes!! But at the same time, I look WAY bigger than I actually am and people don't notice my weight loss so far.

I like the advice to make new memories in new clothes :smile:

I will probably keep 1 or 2 of my big tshirts that are most special to me, but they will be put up so I can't grow back into them.

Good luck! :drinker:
  • karenfryman
    karenfryman Posts: 9 Member
    You could cut out some of your favorite logos and put them on a paperboard. If you really like hope it looks frame it!
  • karenfryman
    karenfryman Posts: 9 Member
    Oops... poster board
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    I use my too big t-shirts to sleep in.
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    You could certainly count sewing as a workout though, no?

I'm the same way, I don't get rid of clothing that I have a sentimental attachment to. I have no problem getting rid of something with tags still on, but those jeans from college that had a few good times-still in my closet! (Which I now fit back into-so its okay).

Have fun shopping and making new memories though, you've worked for it!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Yeah - make pillows! Maybe hang them up on the wall? Make a giant blanket with all of them.

Or deal with your hoarding issues.

Either or.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    You can make new memories in your new size shirts!!!! :) Congrats and good luck to you!!!

This OP. Would you rather be still using those XXL shirts?
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Donate them to a thrift store- I'm sure someone else needs them. Then go shopping! Thrift stores have some of the coolest t-shirts. Generally speaking, the closer the store is to a college- the better the t-shirts.
  • cmbauer99
    Yeah - make pillows! Maybe hang them up on the wall? Make a giant blanket with all of them.

Or deal with your hoarding issues.

Either or.

HAHAHA!!! Yeah I was thinking that same thing, I hope my kids dont make a call to a reality show
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    There are companies online that will make the quilt for you. I plan to do that with all of my race shirts in a few years. One is Campus Quilts. There are others if you do a search. You just send them in and tell them what you want. It's not cheap, but to save the memories I think it's worth it.
  • BelliDancer
    BelliDancer Posts: 25 Member
    Cut your favourites into vests and wear them to work out in (?)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Cut your favourites into vests and wear them to work out in (?)

This might be a good idea so you always get that feeling how you have changed. That feel good effect.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    YAY for new memories!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,734 Member
    Congrats on the smaller size! Good suggestions given so far. Another option is to take a photo of each and create a separate file on your computer. Then donate the shirts. That way you have the memories, no clutter, and others benefit from them. Win-win!

And, yes, make new memories, but don't buy TOO many larges - you may be needing mediums at some point!
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    If you've got a space to decorate your walls as you please, I highly recommend the tshirt canvas! They're super easy to do and keep all your awesome memories right up on your wall as killer decoration.

athreadless1.jpeg
  • kbshannon
    kbshannon Posts: 31 Member
    This T-shirt canvas thing is nothing short of brilliant! I love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!