weight training starting over

Options
I have been dealing with an eating disorder and it sent me into a backwards spiral. lose gain and even saggy muscle tone.

However, I am in need of advice. I started a simple better eating regimen and diet plan

I started to Amanda Adams fitness and diet plan.
I was on the scale sunday at 160. I am 5'10 and 31
My day yesterday was this

5am- weight training workout-leg day 40 minutes

6am- 1/2 cup of uncle sam cereal
2tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk

lunch- 12 almonds
apple
cheese stick

dinner- homemade lazagna about 280 calories( I ate a very little bit)
salad no dressing
2 pieces of whole grain artisan bread

snacks- grapefruit
almonds
unsalted crackers
another cheese stick

i looked on the american dieters assoc. it said i should eat 2600 to mainitain. I want to lose so that puts me at 1900. is that accurate?? Im so confused.
Anyway, i am drinking a tons of water. 101 full oz. plus more at home.
I woke up this morning after leg day yesterday and pants are so tight on legs adn stomach is bloated.. ANy reason whya???

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.
  • christinalong1991
    christinalong1991 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Your meal plan looks great provided you are getting enough calories (looks like it might be a bit low with a quick estimate). But if you are weight training, you need more protein. Chicken, milk, protein shakes with fruit tossed in, anything to add in.

As for the swelling, especially if you just started working out again, your muscle retain water whenever you work them, so considering it was leg day, it would make sense your a bit bloated the next day, just keep drinking the water and it will go down. If you just started, that water weight may stay for a couple weeks as you adjust to the new workout regime. but good luck!! I just started weight training too, hard to get enough protein on limited calories!! lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 160lbs. I eat 2000 to lose. 1900 should be fine.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    For starting calories 1900 is fine. If you lose weight with those calories great, if after a few weeks you don't, reduce them slightly. Don't start too low as you will likely need to reduce them as you go. What is your lifting routine like? How much protein a day are you getting?