More hungry or less hungry the morning after a large meal?

Options
I am always STARVING first thing the morning after a large (usually late) dinner. However if I didn't eat much for dinner, I can go for a while before I feel hungry. What's up with that? You'd think it'd be the other way around. I think it's because my stomach is stretched after a large meal but can that happen so fast like that? My boyfriend says he always feels the opposite. What about you guys?

Replies

• Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    It's pretty hit or miss for me and likely depends on WHAT I ate not just how much. I am highly skeptical that your stomach stretching is the cause.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Totally depends for me honestly. I haven't found any correlation between what I eat one day and how hungry I feel the next.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am always STARVING first thing the morning after a large (usually late) dinner. However if I didn't eat much for dinner, I can go for a while before I feel hungry. What's up with that? You'd think it'd be the other way around. I think it's because my stomach is stretched after a large meal but can that happen so fast like that? My boyfriend says he always feels the opposite. What about you guys?

I am exactly the same way. If I eat dinner earlier or eat a smaller dinner, I am much less hungry in the morning and actually have a lot more energy. If I eat a lot later in the evening, I wake up hungry and sluggish.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I've found I wake up starving after a big meal late at night if it's not a regular thing. Because of my schedule I usually end up eating late these days, and I don't wake up hungry anymore. Weird.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Large meal for me is a metabolism booster. Body thinks I'm able to get more food so it wants more food. Also, it stretches my stomach and I tend not to drink as much water. Not enough water makes me feel hungry when what I really am is dehydrated.