Itchy skin?

Options
Now, my skin has never been the top contender for insensitivity. On the contrary, I have a history of fairly sensitive skin. But it's never been nearly as bad as these last few years.

It's only localized on my legs: behind my knees, between and behind my thighs, and sometimes behind my calves. Sometimes I scratch so much the skin becomes inflamed and a little bumpy. Has anyone else had this happen to you as you gain weight?

Replies

• magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Now, my skin has never been the top contender for insensitivity. On the contrary, I have a history of fairly sensitive skin. But it's never been nearly as bad as these last few years.

It's only localized on my legs: behind my knees, between and behind my thighs, and sometimes behind my calves. Sometimes I scratch so much the skin becomes inflamed and a little bumpy. Has anyone else had this happen to you as you gain weight?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I've never had that personally but it sound like psoriasis or excema...course I'm not a Doctor, but I have a brother who suffers with both and my husband gets it behind his knees and it drives him nuts! Benadryl is what he uses but my brother goes to a dermatologists and gets his ointments that way....and both of them never had it up until a few years ago...so perhaps that's something like what you're dealing with!

My advice would be contact your doc or dermatologist and hopefully its gonna be a quick fix back to itch free!!!

hugs!!!!
    Ali
  • lietee
    lietee Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    well my body is covered in excema and it sounds like that might be the case. I find that when working out if i sweat it burn. Meaning my skin is so sesitive that i get red itchy bumpy rashes and on thoes places ou mentioned. I t could also be an allergy to something like your shaving cream. Allergies do tend tobuild up sometimes. One day you could be fine the next not so fine!!