super bad headache...should I still workout??

Options
I've had a bad headache brewing all afternoon and it just seems to be getting worse ( I do get migraines). I'm supposed to workout with my trainer tonight...should I still go do strength training with her or skip tonight??

Replies

• mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    if you can make it up somehow... i would skip... you have to be in the right frame of mind or you waste your time and the trainers...
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I would call the trainer and see how she feels about it. Sometimes working out can really help a headache go away, but if you feel like it's getting worse you may be better taking a raincheck. I get some nasty ones a few times a week myself, so I know how you feel! Hope it goes away fast!!:flowerforyou:
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    Sometimes exercise can help as it gets your blood moving. Even if you can't work out with your trainer, try going for a walk and drinking a lot of water.
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    well I'm still under my calories for the day...and have a bit of house work I could do instead, to burn a few extra.
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    that was my other question, should I substitute the strength training with a walk or some tip of cardio
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I would go on a walk or something, yeah. Something easy, or even just some yoga or regular stretching. Your body will thank you!
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I get migraines also and when I have them working out doesn't do anything but make them worse. Sometimes that can lead to an even longer headache which makes more avoiding working out. So if you can rest and shake it off, then I would skip it!
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    thanks for all the advise. I opted to skip the trainer tonight.