7 months, 56lbs, and a whole new me (long story, with pics)

Options

Replies

• jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring story...thanks for sharing it!
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations! Thanks for sharing.
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    I wish I had waited until I got home to read this...I'm sitting at my desk with tears...of joy for you! Thank you so much for sharing your story. Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! (and you look like you weigh less then you say :)
  • anna3669
    anna3669 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Super super wow! :love: Keep up the amazing work!! :bigsmile:
  • thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your AMAZING transformation!!! You have worked hard and it shows!
  • taraleen
    taraleen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Incredible post. Thank you for sharing! I really love the analogy at the end.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats you have made amazing progress and are a true inspiration. Thank you.
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story and inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
  • bkmac777
    Options
    I was going to say the very same thing... You truly do not look like you weigh what you are saying! Amazing!
  • klynn3272
    Options
    Great job and you look so healthy and amazing! Keep up the good work of being the best version of you possible!
  • Kp203N
    Kp203N Posts: 22
    Options
    So inspirational:) Good work!!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Wow! So awesome and inspiring. So happy for you.
  • honololo
    honololo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic, great job - you must be so proud of yourself!
  • acaciamavro
    acaciamavro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the very same thing... You truly do not look like you weigh what you are saying! Amazing!

Thanks so much to everyone for all of your kind words! :blushing: :happy:

And thanks for saying I look like I weigh less than I do! :-D That's super awesome to hear! I think that must be because muscle weighs more than fat, and I've always been pretty strong, even when it was covered in so many layers of extra fat that you couldn't tell... Also, I was lucky that I started strength training early, because I haven't lost more than 5 lbs of muscle through the entire process, and have worked on strengthening the muscles I already had (my gym has one of those fancy body scanners that gives you a full breakdown of body fat percentage, muscle mass, water weight, everything).
    If anyone tells you to wait until you hit x goal number or whatever before you start strength training, don't listen - start today. The more muscle you can keep while losing weight, the better you'll look as you get closer to your goal. And even if more muscle means you weigh a little more, because you'll be denser, you'll still fit into a smaller pair of jeans, and isn't that the real goal anyway?
  • novagirl55
    novagirl55 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Quite inspirational :)
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look so beautiful, healthy and happy. I am a mum & so I know that your mum will be so so so proud of you. Keep up the good work
  • vicdamone78
    vicdamone78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are truly awesome!! Nice results!!
  • LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow. Wow. WOW. You are incredible!! Thank you for sharing your story! :)
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Awesome transformation. Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!