Deleting food entries from "recent list"

Does anyone know how to delete foods that you have entered in your "recent list" A lot of times I enter something I will probably never eat again and it gets a little frustrating at times not to be able to delete them and you only have the maximum 4 pages of foods that you have accumulated. Hope this makes sense. I did go onto the technical forum and they had some info on removing "most used" or "frequent". I don't see anything for removing "recent list" foods.

Replies

• LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Interestingly enough, I was just thinking about posting this topic today, since I have the same desire.

This site is very convenient, but I'm surprised at some of the basic functionality that's missing, considering how long it's been around.

They allow you to delete "frequent" foods, but not "recent?" Seems rather haphazard.
  • dru8376
    dru8376 Posts: 98 Member
    The fine folks at MFP know and understand this is one of the most asked topics to have done. I myself would like it done. Hopefully one day it will be possible.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    You can't. It's something that has been requested for a LONG time, if you Google for this you'll see threads from a few years ago where many people chime in about wanting this, and MFP doesn't respond or address it in ANY way. So likely there is an ulterior motive for them not allowing this feature (get conspiracy if you wish lol)

Anyways, to combat this issue and to resolve the fact that you can only have 4 pages of food for recent foods, I created all my own entries. This allows me to have the calories much more consistent with the macros (calorie counts from labels and nutrition sites are often more or less than what the macros will add up to) and I can put in my own measurement methods (100 grams as a serving size, 1 serving total so I can get 1g option, or go with the serving size on the label and sitll use 1 as the number of servings). I have like 7 pages of food? And if you don't make them public/shared (which, PLEASE do not share with MFP database) then you can edit and delete them as you wish.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Good tip Ana as the recent list issue is lame as is the fact when your do a search the items are often lacking in accurate info.
  • Majest4
    Majest4 Posts: 2 Member
    When we can expect option to delete food from "Recent" ?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Majest4 wrote: »
    Considering how long it's been a request of users, I'd say probably never.

There is logging software you can purchase that does a lot more that this site.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member

What is it?

I've been waiting for this. :)

• WalkingAlong
    Kalikel wrote: »

What is it?

I've never used one myself. I bet they're nice. Here are some reviews.

http://nutrition-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »

What is it?

I've never used one myself. I bet they're nice. Here are some reviews.

http://nutrition-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Thanks!
  • WalkingAlong
    edited November 2014
    I'm a little surprised you don't see any ever recommended here, given the large number of MFP loggers who claim to be fastidious about weighing every bite and getting the most accurate estimates they possibly can. The user-created database here is really convenient but full of inaccuracies. So you can weigh all day long but if the database entry you use every day is wrong, your estimate is always wrong.
  • Majest4
    Majest4 Posts: 2 Member
    I believe it's not that hard to add deleting Recent option, but will see their response.