Albacore Tuna Steaks

ethompso0105
ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
Hi everyone! I’m supposed to add some tuna to my diet (per my doctor), however, I’d rather not just do the canned/pouch kind all the time. Does anyone have any simple recipes for tuna steaks? Any tried and true tips on preparing?

(Sorry if there’s a post about this already—I was only finding posts about the canned/pouch tuna.)

Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• susanhallberg
    susanhallberg Posts: 9 Member
    Just season them well with salt and pepper and grill to medium rare to medium. By all means don't overcook.
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    I usually buy Albacore or Ahi Tuna Steaks from Trader Joe's and simply grill them and sliced them up over a salad w/ different veggies
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Just season them well with salt and pepper and grill to medium rare to medium. By all means don't overcook.

QFT, Tuna does not need a lot of fancy preparation, it is good on its own.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Lemmon pepper!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    A good tuna steak, like any good steak doesn't need a whole lot, it's pretty delicious on it's own. I usually just do a bit of a pepper crust and then sear both sides...I like mine super rare...pretty much raw. Don't over cook, it will be horrible.

Also, why just tuna? I love tuna, but I eat far more salmon than tuna...one downside to too much tuna and eating tuna all of the time is mercury...you don't really get that with salmon.