Do your fingers get thinner when you lose weight?

Options
MisterZ33
MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
Or will i be stuck with these stubby ones forever?

Replies

• DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Mine do. My rings get really loose and nearly fall off.
  • jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mine definitely have gotten thinner, I can't wear any of my rings at all as they side right off, waiting to get them resized till I am closer to my goal.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to wear my wedding band since last Christmas. Then, I could easily slip it off. Now, if I put it on my hand and then drop my hand down to my side, it falls completely off, without any "help." So, I would say that you will most likely loose in your fingers too!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    mine did
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, and my total weight loss is over half my body weight. My feet on the other hand...I'm still trying to figure out how I lost half a shoe size when I've been a 7 1/2 since I was a teenager. Are they vanity sizing sneakers now?
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Same here, I'm constanly checking my wedding ring is still on at work!. When I get down to goal weight it'll get re-sized.
  • eamillie
    eamillie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mine do. Surprisingly enough, they're one of the first places I lose weight, lol. I think it's water weight there.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Shoe size went first, ring size last.

I only went down 1/2 a shoe size or so, but lost 2 sizes on my rings.
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Mine did and now I have no rings I can wear.
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Mine do. Surprisingly enough, they're one of the first places I lose weight, lol. I think it's water weight there.

That was one of the first places I noticed I was losing in too! ;)
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Mine did. No shoe size. Man if my shoes change my hubby is in trouble. I may or may not have a shoe problem *hides shoes under the bed*
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. My husband and I both have "skinny fingers" -- and our wedding rings are falling off, even though we haven't yet hit our 1 year anniversary -- but we had "skinny fingers" even when we weighed 100 lb more (skinny relative to our bodies). I have a friend who went from about a size 16 to an 8-10 and her fingers have not changed, and she always gripes about them being short & stubby.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Mine have shrunk 2 ring sizes....
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Apparently it's one of the first places I lose weight ... my fingers, my feet (they've actually shrunk AND slimmed down), and my neck. I've always found it weird, but I'm glad because they used to be quite a bit bigger. The size of my class ring in high school was a bit ridiculous.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yes! Mine did. Guess it depends on how chubby they are to begin with. Some people just have larger fingers, and other people I have known who are large people have tiny fingers. I just have fat fingers, and when I lose weight, they do too.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    My engagement ring is a bit more loose than it used to be, it was a perfect fit originally so my fingers have slimmed a wee bit, even though they don't really look any different to me. :-( I went up a shoe size about a year ago from my weight gain, I'm hoping my feet lose a bit too, my toes are definitely more chubby than they used to be!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've always hated my stubby fat fingers, but I have definitely noticed they are slimmer now. If I hold my fingers together so that they are touching at the knuckles, there are now small gaps between them that didn't used to be there. I'm glad I thought to take a picture of my hands about a month after I started, for reference. :)
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring no longer fits, but I had it enlarged when I gained the weight a few years ago. I'll have it taken in when I'm finished, I was a bit plump and pregnant when I got married.
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My high school class ring is a 7.5, and I wasn't even at my heaviest in high school. It completely falls off now, even if I wear it on my biggest finger. My wedding ring is a 5.5, and it's starting to spin like crazy. I get the occasional comment about how long and slender/tiny my fingers are. I guess it depends from person to person, but for me, I definitely slimmed down in my fingers quite a bit.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Mine got thinner by 1 to 1.5 ring sizes. They didn't get longer though so they still look stubby.

I've only lost about 20 lbs too. But am in a healthy BMI now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!