someone please explain this?

Options
I made some fresh tacos at home , i used ground turkey lettuce tomatoes cheese salsa and sour cream , delicious ..
i had 5 of them and probably could had eaten 2 more but stopped myself.. i was satisfied but not stuffed

i went to taco bell and ate 3 tacos and was stuffed .. i thought i would had eaten more calories at home but taco bell bombed my stomach..
any thoughts?

Replies

• RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Probably the fat content difference, taco bells food would naturally have a lot more fat in it, fatter meat wheras your ground turkey was much healthier than their fatty beefy stuff. the oils they cook everything in etc. ok now heres why I believe this to be the cause.

When fat is ingested the hormone leptin is released by the brain, this hormone is responsible for appetite suppression and the sensation of satiety, it doesnt matter what kind of fat which is why you should always keep polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats in your meals and even small amounts of saturated fats are necessary since cell membranes need them. So appetite suppression and satiety is why trying to completely cut fat from a meal plan is a bad idea.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    They don't call it Taco Hell for nothing.

Could easily be the fat content as Ranger pointed out, but it's hard to say. Sometimes you just have a bigger appetite than other times.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    i am willing to accept that answer because its plausible.and true .. but i believe they may add something to the food to increase the way your body reacts.. fillers or preservatives of some kind. It seems fast food always gets you to the point of almost sick after finishing a meal.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Last time I ate McDonalds I felt completely ill. But I had Taco Bell a couple weeks before (but got chicken) and was fine. LOL It's so weird sometimes!
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    The first thing that went through my head was "fat content" as well.
    i am willing to accept that answer because its plausible.and true .. but i believe they may add something to the food to increase the way your body reacts.. fillers or preservatives of some kind. It seems fast food always gets you to the point of almost sick after finishing a meal.

While I'm sure it's not the healthiest you'd think that would be counter intuitive. They'd want you to eat *more* to make more money :)
  • TheCurvyJ
    TheCurvyJ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey vs ground beef, the turkey will be lighter, less dense than beef. And I am almost sure they use fillers. Don't quote me on that but... almost sure.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Fat, I'd say.

I'm so jealous - we don't have taco bell here :(
  • RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    everyone should jsut stay away from that crap anyway, i cant even remember the last time I had fast food...maybe 5 or so years ago and i have to say I dont miss it at all and neither will you
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    There was a lawsuit against Taco Bell (it was eventually dropped) claiming that their "seasoned beef" didn't have enough beef in it to be legally called beef. So, I'm guessing there must be some additives going on.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    The sodium in Taco Bell's food is ridiculous, also! So, yes, the fat is probably the main culprit in combination with the other "fillers" added to the meat and the loads of salt. Better to stick with your homemade ones! They sound much better anyway.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone.. best answer is , that its not really food anyhow LOL