HELP ME CHOOSE MY DRESS!

Options

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Number 1 - you look gorgeous and elegant - and a bit sexy with that lovely neckline and waist :-)
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    #2 show it off :)
  • AdaVanderlyle
    AdaVanderlyle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Top dress is AWESOME- and if it's black tie, you want a long, formal gown. Well, at least, I usually do! :happy:

I agree :) You look stunning.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    The first one for sure, a very elegant style.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I don't think either one is terribly flattering on you, but of the two, I'd go with the first, I guess.
  • JessieMin
    JessieMin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    #2 is more flattering, I think... but it needs to be shortened to just above your knee. #1 is pretty, but I think you look better in #2.
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like #2, but without the panty hose and with some strappy black or other color heels.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I like #1
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    The first one looks awesome. The second, not as flattering. I'd go with dress no. 1.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    #1 :smile:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Dress two is not flattering on top or bottom. Not sure what the arms are doing and the back end is too tight.

Dress one however slims you, elongates your line and ends up making you look taller and thinner. The neckline Is gorgeous on you.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like the knee length dress. The top one looks plain and have a bridesmaid vibe to it. You look great in both either way.
    The knee length dress has some sass to it and if you pair it with some fierce jewelry that'd make it even sassier.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    #2...the first one isn't doing you any favors.

ETA: I would say lose the black stockings and pumps. Go with a natural/nude stocking and maybe a nude heel (higher the heel the better) to elongate your legs. I feel you look more confident in the second and look bored/frumpy in the first.

I agree with the above. The pics of dress #2 just exude confidence!

I do think you look good in the first one, too, OP, but I just find it boring. I imagine every other woman wearing some version of that.

Plus, your bum looks fantastic in the second dress and would make you more of a knockout.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Alright ya'll, I'm southern. It's common to have black tie weddings, and galas at the country club, here. While, yes, the second dress, falls into the cocktail dress category, it's never the first choice for a black tie affair. It is an option, and acceptable, but never the first choice.

http://stylecaster.com/black-tie-formal-wear/
  • delia_tee
    delia_tee Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Former fashion student here. The first one doesn't flatter your shapes enough. Pretty dull and safe. You can absolutely pull off the second one. It gives a more confident sexy look. i would also shorten it a bit.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I don't think either one is terribly flattering on you, but of the two, I'd go with the first, I guess.

I agree with this. Go with the first one over the second because it's a black tie affair. The second looks more fitting for a coctail bar or date night.

But honestly, I think I'd go shopping.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I like the first one. It makes you look long and lean and emphasizes your narrow waist. Plus, you know... cleavage.
  • justdance06
    justdance06 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    They both look nice, but I'm not sure either is right for the occasion. The material of the first dress looks gauzy & casual, like a maxi dress style. Maybe the material just isn't coming through on the photo.

The second is a more dressy material, but as others have stated, I'm not sure it's formal since it isn't floor length. I think the second would look good a bit shorter :).

If you do find another option, post pics! :)
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys!! All of them put together sum up what I'm thinking about those dresses.

Option 1- Love the neckline, waist and fabric. It doesn't emphasize my thighs. It's more formal too
    Dislike that it doesn't flatter my butt (I work out so hard to get it better)

Optio 2- Love my butt in it. I like that is less classic
    The length is weird. I can wear it shorter but I have huge knees...
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    1st.