Rules in a Military Gym

Options
redromad275
redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
ABSOLUTE RULES OF A MILITARY GYM
1.Remember there are only 3 muscle groups abdominals, biceps, and abceps or (bidominals if you prefer)
2.No matter what, don’t ever do any leg lifts especially squats; you could hurt your back.
3.If you even remember to wear a shirt, make sure it’s either skin tight meaning if you wear a Large, then buy X-Smalls, or take your normal shirt and cut the sleeves off and tear the side open all the way down to the bottom of the shirt.
4.Always tape the hell out of your wrists and wear ankle braces on chest day
5.When adding weight to the bar always clank the plates together as loud as you can so people know you are adding more weight
6.Do not ever lift weights in a full range of motion, which would be poor form, because seriously we know that you really can bench four plates.
7.When doing bicep curls in front of the mirror with dumbbells always put your water on one bench and your towel on another and then take the third bench to sit on between sets so that no one can get a damn thing done while you do your biceps.
8.When the hot chick walks in stop what you are doing, go immediately to the curl bar and put on your one rep max in weight. Then make sure she is looking at you before you start your reps
9.Remember for every set you do, you must walk around and talk and disturb others for at least 15 minutes before your next set. Don’t over work yourself.
10. Lastly always grunt at the top of your lungs for every rep you are pushing out.

Replies

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Uhhh. Have you ever been in a military gym? Because I have...and none of this rings true.
  • RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ive been active duty for the past 6 years, lifting in military gyms here on JBLM the entire time and honestly not a single thing on your list makes any f*****g sense at all.
  • RangerRN507
    Options
    and your profile says your retired military? did you even lift bro?
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Uhhh. Have you ever been in a military gym? Because I have...and none of this rings true.

I haven't seen these behaviors as the norm in a military gym...you have your one or two idiots, just like a civilian gym...but on the whole, no.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I go to one everyday and he's probably got about 80% right on any given day!!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Well I've been to military gyms in Great Lakes, Pearl Harbor, Pensocola, and San Diego (2 in San Diego) over the past 6 years and this doesn't reflect my experience at all. Next month the one base gym will once again be my main gym
  • Hophead43
    Options

Well I've been to military gyms in Great Lakes, Pearl Harbor, Pensocola, and San Diego (2 in San Diego) over the past 6 years and this doesn't reflect my experience at all. Next month the one base gym will once again be my main gym
    The base I am on is full of first school Marines and Coastie SAR type! They seem to be all about the tight clothes and grunting. The latest phase I have seen is the guys wearing the "BANE" masks.
  • Hophead43
    Options
    Before anyone gets upset I am ALL FOR the military. I served in the Navy during Gulf War 1 and will always respect and thank anyone who serves. So please don't for a second think I am bashing the military.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Clearly the sarcasm got lost.. I chuckled OP.
  • Hophead43
    Options
    Clearly the sarcasm got lost.. I chuckled OP.
    It was funny....at times it can get annoying!
  • RangerRN507
    Options

The base I am on is full of first school Marines and Coastie SAR type! They seem to be all about the tight clothes and grunting. The latest phase I have seen is the guys wearing the "BANE" masks.

Idk wht gym your going to but it must be a bunch of POGs or recruits or something because In 6 years of the gym being the center of my life hitting it 6 times a week I cant recall any of the things this post claims.
  • Hophead43
    Options
    Must be... I see and hear them 5 days a week. With the success of Crossfit the weight slamming has become 100 times worse. ( I get it you have to let it go but do you really have to slam it.) I used to lift all the time and pretty heavy, on occasion I would drop the weight but not every set.
  • RangerRN507
    Options
    yea dont even get me started on those xfit weirdos im with you on that one
  • Hophead43
    Options
    yea dont even get me started on those xfit weirdos im with you on that one
    Its a great workout but they tend to get a bit overzealous!! Its the "bane" mask guys that I just can't comprehend!! Why?? LOL
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Men in uniform...yum!!! Why don't I have a military gym by my house :cry:
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in which military gyms you attend. This description sounds more like Gold's Gym more than anything else. The only thing that seems somewhat true is when a female walks in. Lol.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    U mad, bruh?