FOOD PREP SUCKS!!!!!

Options
JoRocka
JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
Seriously-
who wants to deal with all this at work!!!

20140826_165917_zps71118b61.jpg

:tongue:

Replies

• EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have this problem ..
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    don't even get me started. :wink:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    That wasn't even all of it- that's just the stuff I washed in the bathroom sink so it doesn't stink by the time I get home at 1030.

grumble- I HATE doing dishes. And I have no dishwasher.
  • miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    OMG yes, the never ending washing of clear containers will be the death of me. Beats cleaning out fastfood wrappers out of my car :wink:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    OMG yes, the never ending washing of clear containers will be the death of me. Beats cleaning out fastfood wrappers out of my car :wink:

was never big on fast food- but coffee cups and WaWa egg things yup.
    true story!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    LMBO, looks just like mine for breakfast and lunch; Heaven forbid I bring a snack that needs tupperware that day!
  • RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    food prep is where its at, if you have a hard time with organization and work ethic thats a seperate issue but food prep is very powerful for health and fitness
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That is what my desk looks like, plus my protein shaker bottle and travel coffee mug. Thank god for dishwashers!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options

^^this right on!
    @miniwheatxoxo

(Ex fast food junkie)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    It could be worse. My new job has a canteen and no staff fridge (I work in the chill FFS!) so I can't prep anymore. It's a lottery everyday - and it's usually bad.

No wonder scottish are thought of as unhealthy, I have not seen a vegetable in there yet!
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i don't even bother. i keep a grocery store bag in one of the break room fridges that has my lunch stuff in it, then just make it fresh each day. nobody seems to want my stuff anyway :smile:.
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    love food prep...hate the tupp life!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    food prep is where its at, if you have a hard time with organization and work ethic thats a seperate issue but food prep is very powerful for health and fitness

• JoRocka
    Options
    Just saw my giant size picture is cut off... Can only see half. I think I had 8 today.

Whatever small price to pay!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have a cupboard full of plastic containers and it annoys the crap out of my husband because he can never find the matching lids. Unfortunately for him I like to use tupperware because they are such good quality and don't leak. Really wish my kids wouldn't use tupperware for playing in the garden with though.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Attack of the Tupperwar!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Maybe try using baggies? As long as you don't mind throwing things away. For example; I usually have greek yogurt with berries and maybe granola. I'll take the yogurt in it's container and then the granola and berries in baggies and then mix it together. Obviously wouldn't work with everything, but could help a little.

Edited because I used the wrong word...
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Wrap what you can in tin foil/plastic wrap and throw it away when you finish. *ducks flying objects from the tree huggers* Ok, ok, RECYCLE when you finish.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I have a cupboard full of plastic containers and it annoys the crap out of my husband because he can never find the matching lids. Unfortunately for him I like to use tupperware because they are such good quality and don't leak. Really wish my kids wouldn't use tupperware for playing in the garden with though.
    Ohhh I have a whole drawer just for lids. Best idea I have ever come up with, use to drive me bonkers!
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I bought bigger lunch pails to accommodate the containers. I also wipe them out with a napkin rather than "wash" them in the bathroom sink. I agree that using baggies can save space... oh, and if I am taking, say, granola all week, I can use the baggie all week. I don't wash/reuse the following week, but that's 4 fewer baggies in the landfill!