Small but nice NSV

Options
millerll
millerll Posts: 873 Member
Today I had a small but enjoyable non-scale victory. I've been having some knee pain during running, so today I had an appointment with an orthopaedist. He was measuring my thigh to fit me for a knee brace and he remarked, "I might have to get you a child size; you're one of my more petite patients."

Oh, OK, well.....wait, what? Me? Petite? Since when? Oh yeah, since I dumped all this bloody weight, that's when! That was nice to hear.

On the other hand, he has diagnosed me with degenerative arthritis in my spine, which sucks, but I know it would be a lot worse if I was still heavy. Just on a whim, I picked up a 45-pound barbell at the gym today and carried it around for a while. God, how did I ever haul that up and down stairs? How did I run at all? How did I even get out of bed in the morning? After a few minutes, my arms burned and my back was sore. I was glad to get rid of it - again.

Here's to our bones! Take good care of them.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!