I'm back

Options
So, I was here back in the late-winter/early-spring when I was first beginning my weight loss/healthy new me journey, but with the move to Houston after college to start the legit adult life of working full-time, everything got put on pause while I got settled in (which took a few months to just get my eating and sleeping back on track). So, I'm back now. I've been getting back into regularly working out the past few weeks, and have started preparing healthy meals again in the past couple of weeks (though I stumbled this last week between discussions of Zebra Cakes at work and my monthly visitor). But they've since been finished, so the temptations are gone and it's back to healthy land and better snack foods. All in all though, I'm back. I need to at least do some tracking of my food, just so I have an actual idea of what I'm eating. But that's about it. I'm back, looking to lose the last bit of weight and start strengthening up for the 5k goal I have for next year.

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I also am planning on running a 5K. Add me, If you like, for encouragement!
  • SweetPegasai
    SweetPegasai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Added. :)

I went out for my first true run this evening after work (taking advantage of cooler temperatures and the fact that I had errands to run), and I am glad to see I can still put out some decent times. It's a pretty big difference between a mile and a 5k, but it's a definite stride in the right direction if I want to do more serious 5ks with times (I'm also planning on more laid back/themed ones).