Breaking Up and Losing Weight

Options
Hi All! I'm Renee, and I'm here because I just went through a tough break up, and I decided that one way to make myself feel better might be to finally start taking better care of my health. I used myfitnesspal about 3 years ago and lost 30 pounds with it. I wasn't at my goal weight yet when I stopped using mfp, but I still managed to keep off that weight until the beginning of this year when a very busy work schedule, winter, and my own lack of motivation derailed me, and I gained back about 10 pounds.

I already wasn't feeling too good about that, but I was still having trouble getting the motivation to do anything. Then, a few weeks ago, my now-ex and I broke up and that has really kicked me into gear! I'm going to want to start dating again at some point, and, right now, I just don't have the confidence to do so.

So, I'm back! And this time, I'm going to hit that goal! I'm a little disappointed that my MFP profile says I can lose only about 1.1 lbs per week (I chose the 2lb option, but I am not significantly "overweight" so I'm thinking it has to do with that or maybe I need to exercise more), but you know what? Since the past 8 months have gone by with me losing 0 pounds per week, even 1.1 is an improvement! Wish me luck, and good luck to you all too!