question

Options
for the last 2 days i been losing and gaining weight like ill just finish workin out and jump on the scale which i know is bad but cant help it but i see i lost 6 pounds and was like great fix me a lil something checked later on and gained 7 was it just water weight i lost? thanks in advance

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself so often.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    2 days? STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!

Fluctuations are NORMAL! It could be any number of things. Fat, water, full bladder/bowels, etc. If you are set on weighing yourself everyday or multiple times a day you are simply going to have to learn to accept the fact that your weight will fluctuate up and down.

If those fluctuations are gonna drive you crazy… I highly suggest weighing no more often than once a week. Do it the same day… the same time of day…. wearing the same clothes (or preferably not wearing any at all). It will save you so much heartache!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    The only time of day it makes sense to weigh yourself is in the morning before eating.

Your weight fluctuates throughout the day with intake of water and food.

After exercising, you would have lost a lot of fluids because your energy is held in a liquid solution in your muscles i.e. water. You are aiming to lose fat not water. You will most likely burn some fat when you exercise vigorously but weightloss is 80% diet and that's as it should be, because after your exercise you have to eat pretty much all or most of the calories you just burnt off.

Focus on improving your diet and controlling your calories for weightloss. That's the bottom line.

Exercise is for health: strong bones, blood vessels, blah blah everything but its not the right tool for weightloss.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself so often.

this.

also exercise doesn't mean you can eat however much you want to eat. So if you want to fix yourself up something to eat, make sure you're within your caloric needs and that you are eating at a healthy deficit (10-20% deficit from your maintenance, which means NOT aiming to lose 2lbs a week)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Pick one morning a week to weigh yourself.
    For example, on Mondays in the a.m. weigh yourself.
    Ignore the scale the rest of the week.

(Some people weigh once a month --Imagine.
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have horrible OCD when it comes to weight fluctuations so I feel your pain. I only weigh once a week always on the same day. The tip is to weigh as soon as you get up in the morning after you've gone to the bathroom and to weigh naked.