Trying to lose some weight, looking for some people to lose

brehuffman
brehuffman Posts: 4
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I have been battling with my weight ever since I graduated from culinary school with and extra 70 pounds. I joined weight watchers, lost it all.....BUT gained 20 pounds back. I want it gone so I can get back into my jeans, and feel good in my bikini again. I am looking for others who are in the same boat to chat with and work with. I find I always do better when i have others to chat with about the trials of weight loss.

I am 23 and in college at Oregon State. I am a Nutrition major. It is always so hard to balance a school schedule with work, exercise and good eating habits!! I live off of lots of coffee and when I get stressed.....I eat. Bad habit.

I look forward to losing weight!!

Goals:

Currently: 160
Goal: 135-140
Time Frame: By April

Replies

• CGade
    CGade Posts: 46 Member
    i'm trying to lose around the same amount...friend me and we can motivate each other!
  • I would love that!!
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! We are all here at MFP for the same reason you are, so you came to the right place.
    It's hard to balance an entire day when a person has many things on their plate - which by the way leads to more food on the plate sometimes.
    I myself have found the only thing that has helped me lose weight quickly is when I eat low carb foods. I am always short on time, so in the morning I usually drink an Atkins shake, a piece of string cheese, and Planters Almonds with Olive Oil. I also drink a glass of water before and after breakfast, lunch and dinner. I also drink a glass of water when I get up in the morning and in the evening.
    I try not to eat after 7pm as my martial arts teacher has always said. He said we need to fast - we need to give our bodies a break from food, and we burn most of our calories as we sleep, so sleep is a very important part of losing and/or maintaining our weight and balancing our bodies.
    I have found when I stick with low carb on the weekdays I feel good, and even feel I have more energy.
    Because I have a very large and close family, I stumble on the weekends, but I go right back to it come Monday thru Friday.
    Try to pack your lunch if you can the night before so you won't be tempted to eat fast foods or campus foods. Pack yourself snacks and drink water to help you feel full longer.
    Again, for your main meals drink water before and after. Believe me - you will feel full.
    I've been battling with my weight for many years as well.
    20 pounds is really not bad at all.
    Concentrate on losing 2 or 3 pounds at a time. Those are smaller numbers, and 20 may be too overwhelming for you mind-wise.
    Log all your food and any exercise on this site, and look back to see what you do and don't like about your eating habits, then change them slowly.
    Be kind to yourself - sounds like you have a very busy schedule which could result in stress, and in turn that stress sometimes keeps people from losing because it brings on less sleep and/or bad foods.
    Stick to this site. It's probably the best place for you now.
    I dumped my Facebook. It was too much drama, and was overloading my email.
    I got too overwhelmed with family drama, facebook, and trying to help too many people, so now I'm trying to concentrate on less of others, and more of ME.
    Glad you're on board here. Hope to see more of you and your results.
    God bless, and Merry Christmas!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Adding you now
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Looks like we have the same goal :happy: so I'll adding you so we can motivate & challenge each other.
  • KLP75
    KLP75 Posts: 21
    Just added you. We have the same goals!!
This discussion has been closed.