Options
    rice protein powder
    seitan (don't be afraid of gluten)
    lentils

get creative and make stuff ;)
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    mung bean fettucine (25g per serving) - I make and awesome vegan mac n cheese sauce for this, Sun Warrior Blend protein powder (20g per scoop)....
  • nbkp2ge
    nbkp2ge Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!!! Thanks Guys...:flowerforyou:
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    As a Vegan for 15 years I always find this question quite bizarre. You have got to try really hard NOT to get enough protein. A normal balanced Vegan or Vegetarian Diet should get you plenty of protein with no problems yes if your heavily exercising you may wish to supplement it with some protein powder but generally it shouldn't be hard. There's beans especially soya 100g of brocolli has around 4g of protein, Brown rice half a cup has around 3g. A serving of porridge outs around 5g and so much more easily avilable protein in your food Protein's everywhere. Also don't worry about complete proteins because people don't eat like that we get our protein from various sources which easily supply all the essential amino acids

Don't over complicate it you do not need special foods as a Vegan or Vegetarian to get plenty of protein

For an average, inactive person, yes. But if your goal is fitness, athletics, etc - I wish you best of luck to get anywhere near 100 g of protein per day (edit: without specifically trying, which OP is doing), which would be considered *low* for an athlete.

http://examine.com/faq/how-much-protein-do-i-need-every-day.html
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, and Garden of Life raw protein powder is great for me, I use it whenever i need a bit more protein to get in for the day, especially after a workout (which is supposedly the best time to get in your protein).
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources

HAHAHHA. I just saw where I answered this in August. I think OP got her answers guys. :happy:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    As a Vegan for 15 years I always find this question quite bizarre. You have got to try really hard NOT to get enough protein. A normal balanced Vegan or Vegetarian Diet should get you plenty of protein with no problems yes if your heavily exercising you may wish to supplement it with some protein powder but generally it shouldn't be hard. There's beans especially soya 100g of brocolli has around 4g of protein, Brown rice half a cup has around 3g. A serving of porridge outs around 5g and so much more easily avilable protein in your food Protein's everywhere. Also don't worry about complete proteins because people don't eat like that we get our protein from various sources which easily supply all the essential amino acids

Don't over complicate it you do not need special foods as a Vegan or Vegetarian to get plenty of protein

For an average, inactive person, yes. But if your goal is fitness, athletics, etc - I wish you best of luck to get anywhere near 100 g of protein per day (edit: without specifically trying, which OP is doing), which would be considered *low* for an athlete.

I have a hard time with getting 100+ grams a day. I end up with protein drinks just because I am lifting heavy so I needz a lot of protein.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

I hit 100g of protein with absolutely no problem from my normal diet as I said people over complicate it. It really isn't difficult. An awful ot of sources push far more Protein than is really needed. For a sedentary person the recommended amount is .8g per KIlo which isn't that much for endurance athletes the amount is around 1.2-1.5 g per kilo and a bit more for strength athletes. Most of this protein in those exercising can be obtained in your diet due to the increase in calories (so therefore an increase in protein).

There is a lot of over pushing of protein which seems to have filtered down from a lot of body building sources and leapt upon by the dieting and supplement industry as a Marketing gimic for the gulible. Just because your on a diet and have suddenly decided to go to the gym twice a week does not suddenly mean you need ridiculous amounts of protein. There seems to be the prevalence especially on MFP that you need enough Protein for an Elephant. Protein is important as is your overall diet people just need to put it into perspective and not automatically believe all the hype.

I have no problems with Protein powders etc. i use them myself as they are a convenient thing especially after long runs. People though really need to put their protein requirements into a real time perspective.
  • nbkp2ge
    nbkp2ge Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!