Rev Abs

Stooooo
Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone try it? I'd like to get some opinions. Anyone hear that Bret Hoebel is one of the new trainers on The Biggest Loser for season 11?

Replies

• JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    OHHH My coach does Rev Abs... he loves it and he is getting some great results. It goes along with every program..hard at first and then gets easier as you progress.
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    I have Rev Abs and have done all the workouts. I liked it. It was different from the other Beachbody workouts, but effective. Each workout is 3 rounds of the same 3-4 exercises. Lots of lunges, over head press, squats, push ups, jumping jacks and planks. The first two rounds are the same, then the 3 round is the "spice round". Where Bret adds an element to the each exercise that makes it a little more challenging. I believe there are 10(?) workouts so it does change up.

Bret is a good trainer. He is nothing like Tony Horton, no corny jokes or anything like that. He has a little "Rev Anthem" he says during the workouts. That is a little weird, but oh well. There are some capoeira moves that are a little dancy, but more like rhythm martial arts. When I watched the finale of Biggest Loser last night I could tell it was him. Really looking forward to that!

Overall is a great total body workout, really focusing on abs and core, but does hit upper and lower body. There are some intervals with jumping jacks as well as up/downs or burpees. It is much slower paced than Insanity and not a body part specific as P90X, but a good workout.
  • I have Rev Abs and have done all the workouts. I liked it. It was different from the other Beachbody workouts, but effective. Each workout is 3 rounds of the same 3-4 exercises. Lots of lunges, over head press, squats, push ups, jumping jacks and planks. The first two rounds are the same, then the 3 round is the "spice round". Where Bret adds an element to the each exercise that makes it a little more challenging. I believe there are 10(?) workouts so it does change up.

Overall is a great total body workout, really focusing on abs and core, but does hit upper and lower body. There are some intervals with jumping jacks as well as up/downs or burpees. It is much slower paced than Insanity and not a body part specific as P90X, but a good workout.

First ab workout that actually sounds like it's worth a damn. I was expecting to read another thread geared towards a faddy ab workout. Nice to come across one that actually sounds effective. Sounds more like a full body workout than an ab workout. I wonder why it's called Rev Abs.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    I have Rev Abs and have done all the workouts. I liked it. It was different from the other Beachbody workouts, but effective. Each workout is 3 rounds of the same 3-4 exercises. Lots of lunges, over head press, squats, push ups, jumping jacks and planks. The first two rounds are the same, then the 3 round is the "spice round". Where Bret adds an element to the each exercise that makes it a little more challenging. I believe there are 10(?) workouts so it does change up.

First ab workout that actually sounds like it's worth a damn. I was expecting to read another thread geared towards a faddy ab workout. Nice to come across one that actually sounds effective. Sounds more like a full body workout than an ab workout. I wonder why it's called Rev Abs.

Beachbody doesn't do fads.... LOL Wonder why it's called Rev Abs as well. I'll have to ask around to some of the higher ups....
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    I think it has to do with both "Rev"-ing your abs to work harder. He focuses on "firing" your abs. Which is just a deep exhale while tighten your core. As well has the Ab Revolution.

Plus, it just has a good ring to it!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    My husband is a Beachbody coach as well. When we were watching Biggest Loser he said that it has to be Brett Hoebel. He has taken a few capoeira classes down in San Diego. It's a great workout for the mid-section. Rev-abs would be a great program to pick up to tell clientele about, since it will probably be featured in the next BL season.
This discussion has been closed.