Wanting to lose more weight because...

Options
Have you ever felt that you needed to lose more weight? Im at my goal weight ( 134LBS and i started at 171lbs) but i still feel "too big" and i feel guilty if i dont excercise one day, or if i eat somthing with a bunch of calories, sugars, carbs ect.

Replies

• eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Well when you started this journey it was for life. you have to keep working out and dieting to maintain your current weight or lose more. Hope this help.
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have been there, got down the goal weight of 120lbs, and then I decided YES I'm here, can go back to eating how I used to and then 45lbs later I'm at 165lbs again.

I know now that it's a complete life style change, and you have to be very cautious so that you don't fall back in to the old patters and habits.

You should be exercising all the time, and you should LIMIT (VERY LITTLE) of the bad stuff with lots of sugar and carbs... don't turn back into old habits.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    No one says you have to stop at your goal weight! If you want to lose more, then go for it. As long as you're being healthy and maintain a realistic and healthy self-image, there's no reason not to lose a few more.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! and in a pretty short time :-) Maybe instead of focusing on "weight" per se now that you are at a good weight, try to focus on other goals such as certain nutritional guidelines and/or exercise. Do you participate in 5k's, triathalons or anything like that? Perhaps you could set training for an event as a goal. As long as your goal is a healthy one, you will probably lose more weight or at least stay at your lower weight!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    LOTS of great advice here. i totally agree with others....now that you are at your goal, if you feel like you are finished, that you are to your goal, then you will end up where you were before. (i know i am speaking from personal experience.)

for me i have done alot of soul searching as to why i always go back to my old habits. (example, it's now winter with cold short days...and our bodies CRAVE carbs and sugars when we should be hibernating and storing for the winter. i have to make conscious decisions every meal this time of year. i know this, so i do it.)

i also put in place something that is keeping me VERY accountable...i turned weight loss/healthy living into my job. i KNOW i can't do my job without staying on top of my daily choices of exercising and healthy eating.

accountability works. thank you for sharing your struggles, we are all here cheering you on!

also, what form of exercising are you doing these days? are you doing lots of cardio or are you doing sculpting with light weights to transform the shape of your muscles? this will make a difference in the way you feel, look and how you focus on your health/lifestyle.

cheering you on!
    Jane
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I got to my goal weigh in September 2010 in time for my wedding, have eased up a bit since and I can see it creeping back on. I joined a gym last week and am planning to step up the exercise so I can ease up on the cal counting. Hoping this will even things out!!!

I have noticed since loosing the wieght that I now have new problem areas that I dont remember being such an issue before loosing the weight, its as if some of the new lumps and bumps were hiding behind that fat!! Ha ha!!!

I agree with the idea of signing up for an event, I do the Manchester 10k every year, and have also booked in for a 10k in London for the new year, I find it helps me get out running when I have a set date to work to!!

Well done and good luck with any new targets you set.