Replies

• jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    troll
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    Options
    bump
    Was there something you needed clarification on?

nope - wanna follow thread that's all.. thanks for checking though :smile:
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Do 30 Day Shred Jillian Michael's I reduced about 4 inches in the waist, 3 inches @ the belly button, 1 inch above my chest, 1 1/2 inches under my bra and although that's close tomorrow I need to take final measurements. I don't think it will be that different maybe an inch or so nothing major. You have to do it for 30 Days 6 days a week to get great results. Google 30 Day Shred a Results and you will see pics of people's results.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    You can work out your belly to make the muscles stronger and more defined. But if you still have a lot of body fat overall, you won't be able to see the effects of your exercise because it will be buried in fat.

Belly fat comes in two forms--subcutaneous, and omental or "visceral" fat (with the guts under the muscle layer). If you can feel soft fat beneath the skin of your belly, then you have subcutaneous fat. If your belly feels fairly hard to the touch but still bulges out, you have visceral fat. Both occur in both genders, but subcutaneous tends to predominate for women and omental or visceral predominates more often in men. Visceral fat is more closely associated with problems like heart disease.

(A lot of old guys have skinny arms and legs with a poochy belly like they are pregnant--that's what it looks like when someone has little subcutaneous fat but a lot of visceral fat.)

Your fat distribution is determined mostly by genetics and your personal hormone balance, not by what you eat.

The only way to get a nice stomach is to lose total body fat down to a healthy level, and exercise to tone up the belly muscles and get nice contour and definition. If you exercise while losing weight, then when the fat comes off the results of your hard work will be revealed.