Walking indoors?

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok some of my friends would suggest, hey..if its too cold to walk outside..why don't you walk inside?! I'm not sure if its just me..but I don't. Malls and Supermarkets just have way to many people and I love being outside more..even if i do freeze. If i can't handle the cold, I stay at home and play on my wii and go up and down the stairs. Anyone else feel the same way about walking in malls/stores..just too many people?

Replies

• kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    Ithink if I had someone to walk with me I would do it. But right now I don't and I think I would feel foolish alone, I try to get out once a week to walk dog, even if its cold just not freezing. Good luck to you.
  • Unless I feel like getting my shop on, during the winter I would walk indoors at my house. To COLD where I am otherwise. I know you love to walk. Have you ever looked into Leslie Sansone. Google her she has lots of different walking videos. I have a couple of them I love her 5 mile one. She is fun. I def. have to mute her though and turn on some good music. Not sure about your area but I know at my library you can borrow exercise dvds. They have all of Leslies dvds.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    OMG!!!! I could have written what you posted!!! I HATE WALKING IN THE MALLS & STORES!!! I would soon bundle up and walk outside..in fact that is what I have been doing. I walked last night in 1-2 inches of snow for 60 min it was 3.1 miles!!! I worked more muscles doing that then I had all summer long.

I am glad to know there are others out there like me :laugh:

Mary
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    I hate shopping malls. I stay far away from them. I'm lucky to have a treadmill at home.
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    If you belong to a gym you can walk the track or the treadmill...
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    during mall hours its not fun to walk in the malls but before they open its great. I used to take my son there to walk around at 7 am before all the stores opened and it was usually just me and some other mommy's. Its great when you can't get to the gym and can't walk in the freezing cold because you have little ones at home.
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    I feel the same. I don't think I would be able to walk fast enough and i think people would be staring at me like i was an idiot! Plus this time of year I would probably not be a good idea!! I don't mind shopping and walking alot, that is just extra calories being burned but not as an actual exercise!
  • I jog/walk in place quickly while watching a show and sometimes add intervals. I recently bought a pedometer so that's how I get in a few steps without venturing into the cold. Stairs are great, running them is better though and not to mention tiring as hell. I've done Leslie's 4MPH vid and I found it a little too slow but I love the idea of it so I've added some of her intervals into my own walks/jogs. I hear she has some faster ones like 5MPH and things and I'd really like to try that. I won't do the mall either unless I'm already there. I like the idea of the early morning thing but there are no malls that I would consider walking to. I say stick with the walking/jogging indoors, continue with the stairs, maybe add some jogs/runs up the stairs, check out Leslie's Walk away the Pound videos, they're better than normal walking as they have other movements thrown in and if you don't like the speed of it you could always do it on your own at your own speed by stealing some of the movements she uses, she even recommends it.
This discussion has been closed.