Frustrated

Options
I know i probably shouldnt be as still trying to find my feet as only started with MFP 2 weeks ago. 1st week was great and lost 4lbs but last night i gained 0.5lb and dont really understand why.

I have kept within my calories (other than 1 day I was over slightly).

I really really want to lose as much weight as possible as I go on holiday on 29th Sept (so just over 4 weeks left) and I want to feel as good as I can in my bikini but dont feel like I am getting anywhere.

Replies

• nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Think three years, not three weeks.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Weighing daily can be your worst enemy. You can fluctuate 0-5 pounds in a day easily.

Did you eat anything salty yesterday? Did you get enough water? Enough sleep? Etc, etc, etc. It could be anything and it's nothing to worry about.

I literally saw a 2 pound increase on the scale from Friday (weigh-in for a group challenge I'm in here) to yesterday (DietBet weigh in day). Today? It was down over a pound from yesterday morning. I only count Friday as my "true" weigh-in day to see the progress.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Closed diary and you "want to lose as much as possible" in four weeks I'm about to slap you with some truth right now, so prepare. Bikini ready bodies don't happen in four weeks. They just don't. And weight fluctuates from 3-5 lbs all the time. You could weigh yourself 5xs over the course of today and get a different amount each time. For real, sustainable weight loss, you are looking for a downward trend over time at a reasonable rate of loss (and that rate depends on just how much you have to lose; the less to lose, the slower it goes).

Good luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You weighed yourself at night
    Too much sodium
    Time of the month
    Water retention after a workout

All of the above....

Be more patient!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Closed diary and you "want to lose as much as possible" in four weeks I'm about to slap you with some truth right now, so prepare. Bikini ready bodies don't happen in four weeks. They just don't. And weight fluctuates from 3-5 lbs all the time. You could weigh yourself 5xs over the course of today and get a different amount each time. For real, sustainable weight loss, you are looking for a downward trend over time at a reasonable rate of loss (and that rate depends on just how much you have to lose; the less to lose, the slower it goes).

Good luck.

What the cute dog says.

Buy a cute swimsuit that flatters you now, and then get the bikini in a year.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Aug 17 I reached a new low weight of 134.8. That day my period started. Next morning I was up to 138.3. Since then I've come back down to 136.1.

I weigh daily but I don't let it define me. I know my body does this each month with the start of my cycle. In the next week I predict I will 'lose' 2-3 pounds. Not really, but according to the scale.

Many things can impact the # on the scale in terms of water weight. Stress, hormones, sodium, sleep, etc. As women our monthly cycle plays a big part. But its temporary. Trust in the science, weigh & log your food & eat at a reasonable deficit. And in time the scale will show it.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    When most people start trying to lose weight, they haven't been weighing themselves on a regular basis. They weigh in once at the beginning and figure that their starting weight is static, then when they start weighing in on a regular basis, fluctuations freak them out. In reality, you probably fluctuated all over the place before you started trying to lose, you just didn't see it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's a really long road and requires a tremendous amount of work.

You need to go to the Patience section at Costco and buy in bulk.

I don't know how much you need to lose, but if it's more than a couple pounds, don't get discouraged over the fact that you can't do it in a month.