Howdy! I'm new.

Options
Thought I'd give this a shot. I love to eat, and hate to exercise. Thought maybe just facing the facts of what I eat every day might help me get healthier. TIA for the support!

Replies

• melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It really does help. Even if I dont diet it really helps me think if that food was really that good. LOL Welcome to MFP. :)
  • MalTru
    MalTru Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I'm new too, but I was doing a different system before. It is crazy when you first start paying attention to what you eat to see how high in calories/fat/sugar certain things are. There are still some things where it's like, I don't care how unhealthy it is, it tastes awesome, but knowing what's in it and how bad it is for me helps me eat less of it at least!! Good luck with eating healthier/losing weight!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! Lucky for you, you can still LOVE to eat, just learn to make better choices. Exercise, well, you can LEARN to love that, and you probably will!! This website is FANTASTIC! We all share the same goals and need the same support. Lots of people here to relate to, and lots of helpful forums and tools!!!
  • jmae418
    Options
    Hello all!!!
    Today is my first day on MFP. This site wa suggested to me by mu nutritionist. So that must means it works right?!?! I'm 27 years old and have been pretty chubby my whole life. Right now I'm starting at 247 lbs(yikes), this is the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life. My goal is to get down to 160lbs. I know that I can do it I just need to work hard at it and be mindful of what I eat. If I can lose 10 pounds by the end of February, I'll be very happy. One of the main problems for me is that I am currently working ful-time and going to school at night part time. Finding time to get to the gym is what I struggle with most. I need a little help and a bit of support. in my journey ... I'm looking for a few buddies to add to help me out along my way!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You will find many supportive folks here that will be happy to encourage yout o meet your goals, whatever they may be. I guess it's true, the only way to move forward is to get in touch with your past, and taking a hard look at your regular habits is the first step. I think you will find that you don't have to give up things that you like, just a different mindset and eating in moderation. It's nto required that you go to a gym, just start moving. I started walking, and have found that the more I walk, the more stamina I get and the more I wantt o keep going. Also, if you have access to a pool, lap swimming is another great way to get exercise. Anyway, just want to wish you much luck and success in all of your goals!
  • Croangel
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. Over five years ago I lost my weight and was near my goal weight by watching my calories and exercising...I was a gym rat. Then I became comfortable with my new life style and no longer was diligent in tracking calories and exercise. I allowed life to get in the way...work, school, kids, friends, and especially family. As I once again started taking care of others instead of myself. :sad: Hence I went from 152lbs to 224lbs and I am not happy at all and must find the strength to get back on track.:cry: I have joined this forum to gain inspiration and the support of others that find themselves on the same journey.
    :smile:
  • jmae418
    Options
    Thank You gatorflyer! :smile: