I DID IT!!!!!!! First goal reached!!!

Options
I had a small goal to lose 10 pounds, and I have done it! Well, I'm 0.6 lbs away from it, but I'm celebrating NOW!!! lol It was so terrible the first two months, I wasn't losing ANY weight. I was hovering around 160 for two months, despite all my physical effort. I didn't know why, then I took a look at all the fundamentals of my diet. I wasn't taking in too much calories or sodium most days, but I was taking in too much sugar and too many carbs through bread(6 slices of bread a day). I took down my intake of carbs and cut out fatty milk from my diet and switched to unsweetened almond milk and getting dairy through nonfat yogurt and cheese. The weight FLEW off! lol I'm so happy now! Happy holidays, everyone!!!!!!

Replies

• doncheco
    Options
    Congratulations! Every goal reached is an accomplishment. Great signature, keep it going!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - Way to go!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :smile:
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...keep it going

Claire
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Grats!!!!!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! I was reading through all of your blogs yesterday and it was amazing to see the change in you! What a GREAT feeling this must be for you! I hope you enjoy the holidays as well!!! :heart:
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    WELL DONE!!AND KEEP IT GOING!:drinker: THE DRINKS ARE YOUR H20.:)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! I was reading through all of your blogs yesterday and it was amazing to see the change in you! What a GREAT feeling this must be for you! I hope you enjoy the holidays as well!!! :heart:

Thanks, Amber! :heart: It means alot! I feel alot different now!!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Excellent job fighting through to reach your first goal. Keep it up and you will be reaching your final goal before you know it!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Thanks, Gorilla. :wink:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm so glad you figured out what works for you!!!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations!!!!
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    Awesome job hon keep up the great work looking great continue staying positive. Keep that head help HIGH. My dear
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You're my hero -- I knew you could do it! First stop on the way to Skinnysville! ;-)
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Congratulations! And how right you are about sugars and bread. The bread I eat is sprouted grain bread, 99% organic ingredients. Well done on your goal and I love the signature, it's from the thread you made last week right?
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on ur success!!!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. Keep up the excellent work.:bigsmile:
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    Grats!!! It's an amazing feeling when you reach your goal! Much luck to you on the next goal you set for yourself. This one proved you can do it again!!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Congratulations! And how right you are about sugars and bread. The bread I eat is sprouted grain bread, 99% organic ingredients. Well done on your goal and I love the signature, it's from the thread you made last week right?

Thanks! And yes, the siggy quote is from that thread. I asked Tara if I could steal it. haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!