180 days, 28 pounds down

Aaron_K123
Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
The goal was to lose 30 pounds by September and as of today I have lost 28. I had an ambitious goal considering I was overweight but not obese so I am very happy with the results.

It has been a pleasure to work with my body and track my progress to attain my goals and it is great to see it pay off in nice steady weight loss.

Weight_Loss.jpg

Not only that but I am seeing definate results in terms of appearance, energy and strength.

Befores on 2/22:

Torso_140222.jpg
140222_Back_Flex.jpg

Afters on 7/28 (one month ago, have lost 6 pounds since then):

140728_Torso_Labeled.jpg
140728_Back_Flex_labeled.jpg

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    standing-ovation-o_zps7a4351f7.gif
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Wow Aaron, you're doing awesome!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Great progress. What do X and Y represent in your linear regression equation?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Great win!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Congrats! :)
  • SunShineGirly11
    SunShineGirly11 Posts: 64 Member
    Great Job! Congrats!
  • Aaron_K123

Good question. I did this in excel and in excel has a rather wierd system for displaying dates. The date in excel is the number of days since January 1st 1900. So in otherwords February 22nd 2014 is represented by the number 41,692 because that is how many days it was since Jan 1st 1900.

So X is the date represented by that and y is the amount of pounds I weighed. What is actually useful is the slope which is the change in pounds per day. So a slope of -0.164 means I've on average lost .164 pounds per day or about 1.1 pounds per week.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Fantastic Job! Keep going for it and the data and graphing is impressive!

Your slope is controlled and steady! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member

Good question. I did this in excel and in excel has a rather wierd system for displaying dates. The date in excel is the number of days since January 1st 1900. So in otherwords February 22nd 2014 is represented by the number 41,692 because that is how many days it was since Jan 1st 1900.

So X is the date represented by that and y is the amount of pounds I weighed. What is actually useful is the slope which is the change in pounds per day. So a slope of -0.164 means I've on average lost .164 pounds per day or about 1.1 pounds per week.

Thanks for explaining that. I figured it had something to do with weight or weight loss and either Calories or a time trend reference. I just couldn't figure out how any of those potential relationships would result in an intercept of 7034.7
  • Aaron_K123

Thanks for explaining that. I figured it had something to do with weight or weight loss and either Calories or a time trend reference. I just couldn't figure out how any of those potential relationships would result in an intercept of 7034.7

Ah yeah. The wacky intercept is to correct for excels wackiness where y would otherwise be the amount I would weigh assuming I had lost consistently at that rate (1.1 pounds a week) since Jan 1st 1900. Since I have not in fact been dieting for 114 years and have not lost over 7000 pounds that correction was necessary for the formula to yield my correct weight for any given day on my diet.
  • Congrats! So glad for you !
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    You've had great results.
    I think you can lose 2 more pounds by next Monday,
    noooooo problem!

Best Wishes!
  • Aaron_K123
    Bumping to remind myself what I accomplished two years ago and hopefully do again just this time remembering the whole maintenance part.

At 173 right now down from 180 in July of this year. No pics but right now I probably look about half-way between the old start and finish.

Maintenance is going to be my hurdle. Weight loss seems easy because I have a goal. Harder to make yourself goals if your intent is to stay the same.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!